1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Paint

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by IslandBoy71, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Aug 29, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    IslandBoy71

IslandBoy71 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reggie
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD PreRunner Sport SR5 DC
    TRD Intake,Flowmaster Super 10 exhaust, King 2.5 c/o adjusted to 3inch front and King 2.5 rears w/AAL. Custom bed rack, rock sliders and rear tire carrier.
    I'm thinking about painting my wheels black. What do you guys think about using bed liner paint on the wheels? Has it been done before? I was just thingking that it would be more durable.

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Check this out, this is for gunmetal but they have other colors. You don't need special paint or bedliner paint. The important part is prepping the wheels.

Duplicolor wheel paint almost exact match.....
    rim is my tacoma sport wheels painted inner spoke part ,running board was my 4runner one.
    sorry 4runner running board is titanium silver
    Attached Thumbnails[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by hemitruk; 05-23-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: running board no gunmetal grey

Products Discussed in

To Top