1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel spacers for looks?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by xtirtzt, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Jan 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    xtirtzt

xtirtzt [OP] Addict.

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    afe pro-dry S, flowmaster 40 series, ipod interface, black headlights, yellow fogs
    i was thinking of buying wheel spacers not because i actually need them but just to space my stock wheels out and give my truck a wider stance, i dont kno if this is a gay idea or not but i would just like to hear someone elses input... my truck is completely stock

2. Jan 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    the spitertrax spacers are 1.25" -- if you want to do it, go for it. I don't think i would do it myself however.

3. Jan 17, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    xtirtzt

xtirtzt [OP] Addict.

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    afe pro-dry S, flowmaster 40 series, ipod interface, black headlights, yellow fogs
    why wouldnt you do it, you just think it would look dumb or is there some other reason?

4. Jan 17, 2009 at 8:58 AM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    I like the look of the wider stance. As long as you get good spacers (spidertrax) you wont have any problems. Im running them on the front tires and gonna put them on the back too.

5. Jan 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Yup -- I think it would look dumb... but don't take that into consideration... it's your truck... do what you will... :thumbsup:

6. Jan 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    obxfishn

obxfishn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Virginia
    2.5" ToyTec Lift, Smitty Built Nerf Bars, Scangauge unit,
    Tires that come out past the body of the truck gives it a mean look. The Spidertrex spacers are a cheap fix, compared to a new set of rims. My local tire shop is totally against them, but there is no difference from spacers and rims that are back set a little as far as the suspension goes. Its all in what you like and want. The only issue I see with spacers or wider rims is the debris that will hit your truck from the tires (pebbles and sand etc.). Other than that, I am serously looking into getting spacers myself because I do not have the cash flow right now for rims, but when I do I will go up to a 17" rim though. Be safe!!!

7. Jan 17, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    You would be better of just getting new rims in whatever style u want!

I am in the process of buying new wheels. The spidertrax will cost you around $220 for all four wheels. 4 new wheels will cost you around 600-700 plus u can still sell your old wheels for whatever. putting 220 toward new wheels and say selling your old wheels for 250 then you are at 470 right there. spen an extra 150 and get new wheels.

8. Feb 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    Frankoo1234

Frankoo1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 05 Taco PreRunner
    Running boards, Tint
    i was thinking the same setup to add spacers give it a wider stance illusion of a bigger tire maybe.. i like the idea.. havent gone through with it yet thoe! if you do post some pic man i wanna c

Products Discussed in

To Top