1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel specs options

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Mog, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    Mog

Mog [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD Sport 4x4 Silver
    I have tried to do the research but I can't seem to grasp all this backspacing/offset jargon. I just bought some duratracs for my 05 silver trd sport dc 4x4 and love them (265 70 17 on factory sport rims). I feel the tires should "stick out" a little bit more than they do now (they are pretty much flush with the side of the truck). What rim specs am I looking for to have them "tastefully" stick out just a little bit more? I'm just looking for that slightly wider/aggressive stance that lots of people have. Thanks

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    Most run a backspace of 4.5. That should give you what you want. Less backspace the more they will stick out.

To Top