1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel/Tire Size Help

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wil16714, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Feb 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    wil16714

wil16714 [OP] Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    Hey guys, hoping someone can help me. Have an 04 TRD XTD Cab 4x4. Have decided to lift it 3" using Toytec Adj coilovers with AAL in the rear. Anyway, I think I got all the deatails of the lift ironed out, the problem I'm having is with wheel and tire sizes. I had planned to go with the Procomp 6079 Series 16x8 with 4" Backspacing and -11mm offset with Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 265/75r16. When I called two different rims places, I was told that the 16's would not work beacuase of caliper clearance. Is this True? They told me I need to go with the 17x9 with 4.75" backspacing and -6mm offset with the MT's at 275/70r17. Will this fit without rubbing. I 4wheel on the beach and some light trails, nothing too hard core. I don't want to do a ton of timming or anything. If someone could give me a straight answer I would appreciate it.

2. Feb 4, 2009 at 8:45 PM
    brendazzle

brendazzle Active Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Tacoma 4x4 OR Access Cab
    3" readylift sst
    Maybe it's a procomp wheel thing. I was told the same thing and went with 17"s. I've seen plnty of 04 n newer tacos with 16" rims tho!

Products Discussed in

To Top