1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Well Liner removal

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by tacotuesdayy, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Dec 10, 2018 at 2:28 PM
    tacotuesdayy

tacotuesdayy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    17' TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    So I recently trimmed my fenders and decided to rip my wheel well liners out. I'm supposed to go off-roading with a couple friends two weeks from now, before I do that I wanna make sure there isn't anything I am missing. I sprayed the exposed metal with a rubberized undercoat to help prevent rusting. Is there anything else I should seal or anything like that before I go off-roading again?

2. Dec 10, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    SOLD 2016 taco: premium technology and tow package. OV Tune 1.05; A.R.E. V Camper Shell; BRO grille & Tails; OEM bed mat; Xenon Depot HID headlight conversion; reflective gray tailgate letter inserts; GoPro session; Hondo radio knobs; K&N cold air intake, quicksand painted dash bezels, Subaru dash speakers, Kicker CS 6x9 fronts and 6.5 rear speakers; All LED interior lights and LED high-beam headlights. Redline elite hood shock props. prinsu cab and camper rack with rough country 30" light bar; (2) 8" rear facing “F.U.”rough country black LED lights; prinsu cargo basket kit, (2) prinsu load racks; roadshower 4; ARB 2500 awning and room kit; weather tech floor mats; carhart seat covers; ckma12 ARB air compressor under the hood; blue ridge overland gear air tools bag, tool bag, driver's seat molle. Rack mounted TRED 800 recovery treds and plano case. Rotopax water and fuelpax fuel canisters; Pelican cased first aid kit in bed. rockblokz mud flaps. ARB rear dif. breather. Stand alone fuse block. SSO bumper with 10k smittybilt synthetic line winch and factor55 ultrahook. Pro Eagle 2-Ton “The Beast” jack. OME lift kit: 90000 front shocks and 886 OME coils, Camburg 310078 UCA, 60091 rear shocks with light duty Dakar leafs. Good Year duratracs 285/75R16. Black vinyl inlays on factory OR wheels; RCI Steel Front/Trans/Trans Case/Rear Diff Skids, Alum A-Arm; Mobtown bolt-on sliders with scorpion bed coating; pelfreybilt aluminum fuel tank skid; Cali-Raised full length Molle storage LH & RH bed sides; Caliraised bedside reinforcements; HELLA sharptone horns; Optima blue-top battery with AJT machined red tiedown bracket. AJT quicksand key fob. Overland Bound member #6996
    Front and/or Rear? They are there for a reason, caked mud isn’t friendly to a lot of things.

3. Dec 10, 2018 at 2:54 PM
    tacotuesdayy

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    17' TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    yes front and rear

4. Dec 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM
    Joe23

Joe23 Canuckistikian

Member:
    The Great White North
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-road DCSB
    What is this rubber stuff you sprayed?

I'm not sure why you'd remove them unless you are running 35s

5. Dec 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    SOLD 2016 taco: premium technology and tow package. OV Tune 1.05; A.R.E. V Camper Shell; BRO grille & Tails; OEM bed mat; Xenon Depot HID headlight conversion; reflective gray tailgate letter inserts; GoPro session; Hondo radio knobs; K&N cold air intake, quicksand painted dash bezels, Subaru dash speakers, Kicker CS 6x9 fronts and 6.5 rear speakers; All LED interior lights and LED high-beam headlights. Redline elite hood shock props. prinsu cab and camper rack with rough country 30" light bar; (2) 8" rear facing “F.U.”rough country black LED lights; prinsu cargo basket kit, (2) prinsu load racks; roadshower 4; ARB 2500 awning and room kit; weather tech floor mats; carhart seat covers; ckma12 ARB air compressor under the hood; blue ridge overland gear air tools bag, tool bag, driver's seat molle. Rack mounted TRED 800 recovery treds and plano case. Rotopax water and fuelpax fuel canisters; Pelican cased first aid kit in bed. rockblokz mud flaps. ARB rear dif. breather. Stand alone fuse block. SSO bumper with 10k smittybilt synthetic line winch and factor55 ultrahook. Pro Eagle 2-Ton “The Beast” jack. OME lift kit: 90000 front shocks and 886 OME coils, Camburg 310078 UCA, 60091 rear shocks with light duty Dakar leafs. Good Year duratracs 285/75R16. Black vinyl inlays on factory OR wheels; RCI Steel Front/Trans/Trans Case/Rear Diff Skids, Alum A-Arm; Mobtown bolt-on sliders with scorpion bed coating; pelfreybilt aluminum fuel tank skid; Cali-Raised full length Molle storage LH & RH bed sides; Caliraised bedside reinforcements; HELLA sharptone horns; Optima blue-top battery with AJT machined red tiedown bracket. AJT quicksand key fob. Overland Bound member #6996
    First thing that comes to my mind is the fog lights. After posting the rear should be fine. I’m trying to remeber from my bumper install but anything in the front of the vehicle, specifically the radiator and fan, may be compromised in certain situations. Haven’t seen your set up but modify rather than remove may be your best choice, just my opinion.

6. Dec 10, 2018 at 3:02 PM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    If you have gone so far as cutting fenders, some self tappers and some fender washers to spread the splash shield may be a good idea.

7. Dec 10, 2018 at 3:13 PM
    tacotuesdayy

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    17' TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    The problem is I was an idiot and didn't leave any tabs when I trimmed. So there is nothing to secure the liners on. Any ideas on how one would put them back on?

8. Dec 10, 2018 at 3:17 PM
    Marbleyard

Marbleyard Thread killer

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner Pro
    Would really have to see what you did to give ideas.

Products Discussed in

To Top