1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Well Vents?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by T@co_Pr3runn3r, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 3:36 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    IIRC, there was at thread about this awhile back but I don't feel like searching for it any more since it's no major issue so sue me..........OK, so I was bored & concerned about splattering gack all over the back of the passenger side fog light since changing it to HID & the connection isn't all waterproof like before because of the way the HIDs plug in so a black plastic waste basket was sacrificed to make a patch & cover the stupid vents up to keep shit off the back of the fog. WTF was the reason for these again? Since it's open on the bottom not seeing how any airflow towards the intake snorkel would be affected one way or another. Nothing except keeping the thing clean has changed since doing this so any ideas? :eek:............fucking curiosity has killed another cat,lol.:D No, not that one, the fuzzy arrogant mice chasing one.

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    Uhhhhh brake temperate maybe? Haha I don't know I'm not an expert but that would be my guess

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Uhhhhh, brakes are already below that hangin out in the breeze on prerunners/4x4's even before lifting. Next...............

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    just to cause u problems is my guess.

5. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:33 AM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Bump... I always thought it had something to do with forcing fresh air up into the intake snorkel. :popcorn:

6. Dec 28, 2009 at 7:38 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Airflow through the engine compartment? Noise abatement? I doubt it would hurt anything the block them off considering most vehicles don't have those vents.:notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top