1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheelers 3 leaf pack.

Discussion in 'Wheeler's Off-Road' started by eight3one_offroad, Sep 14, 2010.

1. eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad [OP] Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Hey Dan,

I'm currently running the TSB leafs in the rear and would like to replace them with your progressive 3 leaf pack, these ride not really that great. This requires removal of the whole TSB pack for the new correct?

Thanks,
    Richard

2. Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    May I suggest you pm him?

3. eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Yeah I should have, Im sure he will respond...

4. Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    No-You do not need to remove the entire TSB leaf set. Wheelers recommends removing the overload leaf to fit the the 3 leaf AAL in-which would give you 6 leaves in the rear. I kept my over load...so I have 7 leaves.

Edit- I wanna make sure I'm answering the right question. I had to take the leaves off the truck to install the 3 new leaves...but all the TSB parts were re-used.

5. Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    by keeping the overload leaf do you think you lost flex? If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?

6. Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Mine doesn't.:)

7. Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
    I had their 3 pack on my last truck without the TSB leafs. so I only had 5 total. it didnt sag much when I had my 4 wheeler loaded up and it rode great. MUCH better than the shitty single AAL. Ill probably go the same rought with this truck as well.

I didnt have to take out my entire leaf pack either.
    this is the guide I used but just installed the 3 pack and took out the overload leaf
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/54186-aal-install-second-gen.html

I had to buy a cutoff wheel, grinder to cut the center pin off bc it was rusted and would not budge but other than that it was a very simple smooth install

bad pic but you can kinda tell its not saging
    [​IMG]

8. eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Hey guys,

Another question for you, New wheelers 3 pack + stock TSB with overload taken out equals how much rear lift? I don't want to be nose high in the rear.

Thanks,
    Richard

9. Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    It might flex a little less- but it has never prevented me from doing anything.

Over all-38.5 Fender to Ground. I got 1 and 3/16 inches on one side and 1 and 6/16 on the other-Just under the advertised 1.5 inches - but that's okay cause the rear end Taco lean is gone.

10. YotaDan

YotaDan Dan Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    The 3 Leaf will give about a 1.5" of lift over where the rear of the vehicle sits currently.

11. eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Dan,

Is it possible to swap out the TSB leafs for the Wheeler pack? My rear is higher then front just by a hair right now, I would like a leveled stance.

Thanks for your responses,
    Rich

12. Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    what do you mean "swap them out"? the wheelers 3 leaf pack goes WITH the regular leafs that are in there right now...just minus the overload. Once you get it in and its too tall in the rear, take one leaf out...

13. eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Okay. I get it now. These go into your TSB's...

14. YotaDan

YotaDan Dan Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Do you have lift in the front?

15. eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I'm sitting on SAW 2.0's it's about 38 inches from fender to ground... my rear is at 39". Just looking for better rear leaf packs.

16. YotaDan

YotaDan Dan Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Well I can't say for sure, but to stay close to the height you are at now. You may need to take the lowest leaf out of your current leaf packs, then install the 3 leaf AAL set.

17. Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    My first set up I had a single AAL from toytec. IIRC it was a 1.5"
    I ditched that for the 3 pack and it was exactly the same height as before.
    thats with the non tsb leafs, 5 total after wheelers pack

with the tsb and wheelers you will have a total of 6. so it will probably sit a little higher. As Dan said, maybe take the overload and one more out if you want level

18. Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    Sweet thanks! Right now I'm seriously eyeing your rear set up. Seems to be really good bang for the buck as opposed to going fox and new pack.

Great info! Thanks a ton. I'm pretty much sold on the progressive aal now. Just may be a little while before I invest in rear suspension.

19. eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Good info guys, this greatly helps me out.

20. Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    Im probably going to be getting another set of these for this truck. they are so smooth :D you might wanna get extended rear brake lines, I bought a set but never put them on... these add more flex and can put stress on your lines. better to be safe than sorry. I got the lines from toytec for like 60 bucks

To Top