1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

when changing fuel filter?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ScootsOFP, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sep 6, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    ScootsOFP

ScootsOFP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoot
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5/TRD
    deckplate, white LED gauges, fog light mod (Beau02 write up), Scion t1814 head unit
    I'm changing my fuel filter right now and I loosened the fuel line connections so that they slide freely now and loosened the mounting bracket. Do I just have to pull the fuel line out of the filter then? It seems like it would take a good pull to do so and I don't want to bend the line. Advice?

2. Sep 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    i did mine maybe a month ago and i was real nervous about pulling on it and stuff but i just yanked it out. when you put the new one in just make sure everything is aligned real good and i would just tighten things a little at a time and make sure everything was goin in well. but it didnt and i think i cross threaded it and the first time i started my truck it leaked a little but i just tightened it a little more and it stopped.

gonna be a real bitch next time i mess with it

good luck tho it really shouldnt be that hard

3. Sep 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    ScootsOFP

ScootsOFP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoot
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5/TRD
    deckplate, white LED gauges, fog light mod (Beau02 write up), Scion t1814 head unit
    I got it out easier after I took the mounting bracket bolt off completely. Changed the filter, started it up it sputtered at first but idles good and doesn't even leak lol.

4. Sep 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    oh yeah i meant to put that down lol good job

To Top