1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

When Deer Attack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SeadogSean, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jan 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    the worst "deer attack" I had was giving a guy a ride home in college down some back country road. full moon, two bucks in the road, swerve to miss the first, ok, hit the second in the shoulder, he must have spun around because the passenger side had a good bit of damage...$2000 worth. I don't miss that old cavalier.:D

2. Jan 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome and glad you're ok. Hit a couple in my time, also had one run into me also. '91 Toy pickup, 2am. heading home after work, going 55 down a state highway and felt the truck shake and then 1 thump. Deer ran into the bed in front of the RR tire then went up under the tire. Never seen her comin' either.
    She paid the price and sacrificed for my family. She wasn't wasted, we ate her...:cool:

3. Jan 5, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    carolinyens

carolinyens Creedmoor Connections

Member:
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    TRD CAI, TRD SS, Toyota All Weather Mats, Eagle Eye Halos, NST Crankshaft Pulley, ScanGauge II, TRD Shiftball, TRD SeatCovers, WeatherTech Vent Visors, 20% tint, DTLT's and NST pulley combo.
    I didnt think it was possible for the deer to do this but a few years ago a guy I used to work with came into work and had a similar story. I told him he was lyin. So we went to his caddy and he showed me the nice dent in his fender. Who said deer arent stupid.

4. Jan 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    Welcome! My dad had a buck go thru the side back window (the long ones) of his station wagon and as it thrashed it torn the head liner down and just dented the shit out or the rear panel. It pretty funny now when i think about it but he didn't think it was too funny when it happened.

5. Jan 5, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    My one and only deer hit came on a wonderful summer friday afternnon on my way home from work. I was drivign down the mountain from the mine and a deer decided to run down a hillinto my passanger side. I veered a little to the left since the mine roads are wide. The deer ended up laying a shoulder gently into my door and bounding away. That little 10 seconds ruined my whole afternoon due to the 3 hours of paperwor required to document that a DEER hit ME!

6. Jan 5, 2009 at 9:43 PM
    SeadogSean

SeadogSean [OP] Member

Member:
    Variable, on a big ship
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD sport access cab 4x4
    Thanks for sharing the storys with me guys, I guess I feel a little bit better about the fact that it's happened to other people as well. I'm dropping off the Taco tomorrow at the body shop so I guess I'll see how bad it's gonna be. I took pictures yesterday, so as soon as I hit a wi-fi spot I'll upload them. then I'll post a set when I get her back for a little before and after and let you guys know what kind of job the shop does.
    And for you guys that asked, I'm onboard the U.S.N.S. Zeus right now. I swear the little buggers are stalking me, I must have seen 20 deer hanging around the base in the last 2 days, I figure they must have figured out it's safe here, and are using the base as a staging area during hunting season. lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top