1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

When did "Winiger Ridge" get nerfed?

Discussion in 'South West' started by skootx, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Aug 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    skootx

skootx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab Short Bed
    Icon Stage 1 Shocks & coils Deaver AAL Light Racing UCA's PAC SNI-35 line output converters, miniDSP, Rockford Fosgate R600X5, Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3SD210, Helix Blue B62C speakers, HELIX Blue B5X 5 speakers G4 Elite Fold A Cover Rear Diff Breather Relocation
    I haven't but up there in years and years. Got my Taco last spring and that was the first dirt I headed for. Man, I remember a wide open playground with all sorts of obstacles. I watched a guy roll a rock crawler on a huge boulder right at the start of the trail network. I remember huge mud pits, scree slopes, all sorts of fun.

Now it's been converted to dispersed camping, and there are fences everywhere. The main trail is still fun but it's much shorter. We used to drive right down to the res, far east of where it ends now. You can only camp in designated spots, which were nearly full on a random Friday at noon. Used to be absolutely wide open and lawless.

Oh well. I can't expect to shut the door behind me I suppose. It's still a fantastic area, super close to Boulder and great for family camping or a drive to the res.

Easy trail but good for getting a feel for your truck. I saw some Outbacks and Libertys doing the trail, they were asking for trouble but a stock TRD is almost overkill.

Products Discussed in

To Top