1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

When is it too many miles??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WVtriple, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Aug 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    WVtriple

WVtriple [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    To put on a supercharger? My truck just turned 40k, I made the decision to get a S/C, but in our household luxury items are not put on the credit card, so I must save the dough. My time frame is about 6-8 months to save the roughly 4k to buy and install the S/C, with this in mind, my mileage will continue to increase. So the question remains is there a cut-off when the age and mileage of the motor make it not such a good idea to bolt on forced induction. If I maybe out of the window to safely apply the S/C then i will save for motorcycle goodies instead:D

2. Aug 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    I am going to say NO. As in "DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

3. Aug 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    She's barely broken in at 40k. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Aug 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Really any time is a good time.. Just make sure that everything is still in good order.

5. Aug 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Debadged, GC Mesh Grill, Yellow Fogs, Color Matched Headlights w/ Retros, Diff Breather Mod; mickey thompson classic IIs, 5100s, toytec springs, Dakar Leaf pack, ss brake lines, Lots more...just check the build page.
    compression check/leak down. If everything comes back fine, go right ahead. Shouldnt have much to do w/ mileage if its well cared for.

6. Aug 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ^That... If it still has wheels and the engine is in decent shape-The mileage doesn't matter. My guess is you'll be just fine. Get a good install and a good tune afterwards....You'll be money.

7. Aug 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    TruKnight

TruKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tru
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Autobot Mall Crawler
    read build thread
    Well, the average distance to the moon is around 240k miles, so when youve driven that far id say that might be enough. =)

To Top