1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

When to buy?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TunnelDV, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    TunnelDV

TunnelDV [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    10 4Dr Tacoma White
    I almost bought a 2010 Tacoma on Saturday, but Toyota isn't currently offering any incentives. I had just assumed now would be a good time to buy with all the trouble Toyota is having, a good time to get a deal. When should I expect Toyota to offer an incentive on the Tacoma? When the 2011's come out? I really want a new Tacoma, but I don't need it today.

Derek V

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    all.on.black

all.on.black Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Sport with a few mods
    What do you need an incentive for? Just talk them down to a price you like. Or are you looking for an APR incentive?

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I say wait until the 2011 ones come in and snatch a 2010. Should be good deals since they want to get rid of them and incentives also.

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    TunnelDV

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    10 4Dr Tacoma White
    I want the 0% APR. Tundra has 0% APR or $3000 cash back right now. I'll wait for the low interest and then negotiate the price and trade in.

Derek V

5. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Price might be good enough now that the 0% interest might not be worth the wait. Tacoma's don't have the major issues some of the others have so the price might start climbing if you wait.
    Best I could do on my new Taco was 3.5%. good luck

6. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    they really don't offer much on the tacoma's and you'll never find 0% APR. If you wait till the end of the month they will drop their prices more to meet numbers tho

7. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    There's $1000 factory cash back on the Tacoma's right now (until 4/5/10).

8. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Kind of off the subject but not really: TIMING, go in on friday afternoon and find the youngest hippest looking dude you can. He will be itching to go party with his friends and after a couple of hours he will fold and just want to get out to meet his friends. Keep the operation very slow to furthur aggravate him. He'll eventually say F-it and sell it cheaper just so he can leave. worked for me.

9. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    rumor has it, nov/dec is the best month to buy....however, if prices are deflated right now (i don't know if they are) then it may be time to buy, even without the 0apr.

10. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    woodygg

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    I posted this on another thread... if you want the best price, and to know you got the best price and not play the negotiating game, this is how you buy a car:

1. Go to edmunds.com (yes, there's other websites as well, this is just the one I use) and get the information regarding how much the dealer is paying (it will be within $100 or so). NEVER buy a car without doing this. Information is your friend.

2. Check on edmunds.com for the current, if any, incentives being offered.

Now, only you can decide what a good deal is - meaning how much the vehicle is being marked up. Much of it is timing, supply/demand and how patient you're willing to be. When I was looking at a tacoma, they were scarce for the one i wanted, so i was only able to get it down to $500 over. any other model and i can get it for $100 over.

Now - this is how you do it (I have a lot of experience in this business) - you find out if the dealer has what you want (internet, swing by the dealership - (which I don't do), etc.). I can often find what I want by checking their inventory online. Call and ask for the fleet manager (don't do this until you know exactly what you want - they don't have time to play the game). Tell him what you want, can he get it and how much over invoice is it? They will tell you it's $X over, take it or leave it. They've all even faxed me their invoice, which I ask for. NEVER talk to a salesperson first, they will want in on the deal and potentially complicate it. At this point, you're making and educated decision.

Now, some may point out that dealerships get holdbacks, etc. You'll generally never get that, don't even bother. IF you follow this method, you'll be getting a great deal and know it, not hope.

There's no need to fly to the next state, etc. The only reason someone did that is because they didn't know how the business works.

Good luck!

11. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    [​IMG] you nailed it. I bought mine in Sept. 09 and got one of the last 09s in CA. Got a deal nobody on here would pass up

You will never see 0% on a tacoma, I got mine @ 3.9%, and that was the absolute lowest they would go for 0-60 months

12. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    woodygg

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    the only difference in the price you should be able to negotiate would be due to factory incentives. right now there's $1,000 back - and additional incentives for recent college grads/military.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/toy...incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=92618&state=CA

13. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Closer to end of the month the more likely they will do a better deal for you as they will be trying to make quotas.
    Salespersons, managers, and dealerships need to make sales.
    If you find one they have in stock you like even better.

14. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    TunnelDV

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    10 4Dr Tacoma White
    The only deal in my zip code right now is:

"Current Toyota Owners get a free two year maintenance plan with the purchase or lease of a new Toyota.**"

I'm out of town this weekend. I'll try at the end of next month..... Thanks for everyone's help. I can't wait to start mod'ing it.

Derek V

15. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    fau8823

fau8823 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Tint-20%, Kenwood 2 meter radio, firestik 2 meter antenna on a BAMF tailgate mount, Extang Solid Fold , Pioneer bhs-3500 HU, clazzio leather seats, Scangauge II
    I just bought my Tacoma on 3/5/10 and got 0% for 36 months. Also talked them down on the price and up on my trade. My brother's business partner owns a Toyota dealer and they couldn't beat the deal I got.

Like was stated above, use Edmunds to get the real inventory price and talk em down. Also, Toyota is offering 2 years of free maintenance (part of my deal also).

16. Mar 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    usmctopgun

usmctopgun Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 S/C
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Borla Cat-back, 3" Toytec Ultimate, LR UCAs, 18" ATX Artillery, 285/65/18, Bakflip HD w/ LED lighting, Katzskins 2 Tone Leather, JBL w/ Bluetooth and XM, WeatherTechs, 55w HIDs, 35w Fogs, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Viair 480c /3 gallon tank OBA setup, Avid Sliders and Light bar
    Just got mine for 0% for 36 months as well in Feb.

To Top