1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tampa Bay Area Tacomas BS Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Taco No Baka, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Mar 20, 2017 at 9:09 AM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    Recently bought a RTT and just yesterday I had Todd build a bed rack for it. Came out great!

2. Mar 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    Nice!

Rattletrap66[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 20, 2017 at 11:55 AM
    Soul Surfer

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    Did the Oil Catch Can Mod over the Weekend. Pulled two 1/4 - 20 Rivi-Nuts to mount the Bracket. Waiting on hose spreaders two clean up the Hose Routing. :thumbsup:

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

4. Mar 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    looks good! I need to install my oil catch can

Soul Surfer[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Mar 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM
    Soul Surfer

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    Thanks Frank!

6. Mar 22, 2017 at 8:16 PM
    Scoobarooo

Scoobarooo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Brooksville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 DCSB TRD OR
    3" OME/Bilstein, Retrofits, Custom Bed rack/Toolbox, Amsoil Everything, tons of others.
    Any mod days coming up? I need to get my Blue sea fuse panel in and wired up. My positive terminal is a mess.:bananadead: Also gotta install the new pods and run the wires before the YotaMafia meet.

7. Apr 1, 2017 at 1:30 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka [OP] Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
  8. Apr 7, 2017 at 4:01 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    @Scoobarooo spotted at the stealership (Toyota of Tampa Bay)!

IMG_20170407_161022425.jpg

:D

SpruceTaco and Scoobarooo like this.
  9. Apr 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    :frusty:

Geez, I get indecisive about the weirdest things. So I replaced the radiator in the T4R yesterday. It cost about $90 for a new Denso unit and I figured it was cheap insurance against the dreaded Strawberry Milkshake and the new transmission to fix it. So the old radiator is sitting against the shed and I'm thinking: maybe I should cut the bottom tank off it and see how bad that trans cooler is. But then, I'm thinking: I kinda don't wanna know in case I cut the tank off and find out it's in pristine condition and I replaced a perfectly good radiator (and then ruined it by cutting the tank off). :facepalm:

What would you guys do?

fla_sun and Soul Surfer like this.
  10. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:01 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    That's a tough one, there is the possibility you cut it open & see that you caught it before it got too bad.
    Isn't there a pitcock? The milkshake won't run out of it if there is any?

11. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:08 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Well, when I took the lines off the ATF was nice and red, but that just means the cooler hadn't rusted/corroded though to contaminate the ATF yet. That doesn't mean it wouldn't have in the near future. The only way I could see to inspect it without destroying it would be to run a fiber optic camera/borescope in through the lower radiator hose bib, but I don't have one of those and there's no guarantee you be able to get it in there far enough to see the whole cooler, which I'm assuming is a coil of tubing of some sort.

12. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:12 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    Yeah that's a tough call cause if it's in good shape that would definitely suck that you destroyed it.

13. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:17 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Haha, the thing is, it'll be getting scrapped one way or the other. The only thing that changes if I cut it open is my curiosity will be satisfied and I run the risk of either feeling pretty vindicated if it's in bad shape, or feeling like I wasted my time and money if it's in good shape. I just have to figure out if satisfying my curiosity is worth the risk of the former. :D

14. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:45 PM
    Soul Surfer

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    If you plan on scrapping it, cut it open! It was a good move to replace it I think!

15. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:54 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    I agree with Jim, if you gonna scrap it cut it. Also with a known problem in those just think of it as insurance & money well spent. :thumbsup:

16. Apr 8, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    There's two votes for cutting it open. :rofl:

Actually, it occurs to me that I could just cap off the openings and find a place to put it in the shed and keep it as a spare for the OGT. The condition of the trans cooler is irrelevant for the OGT's manual trans and I'm pretty sure every thing else will line up fine.

17. Apr 8, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    Soul Surfer

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    Brilliant Lee! :cheers:

18. Apr 8, 2017 at 5:17 PM
    Soul Surfer

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    Did a Tar Rotation, and last Sunday did some tuneup work on the Taco. Plugs , PCV Valve and cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body! :thumbsup:

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

White Horse and SpruceTaco like this.
  19. Apr 8, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Well, sometimes just putting the issue out there for discussion will cause the best course of action to present itself. :hattip:

20. Apr 8, 2017 at 5:38 PM
    Soul Surfer

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    I agree.

Taco No Baka[OP] likes this.
To Top