1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tampa Bay Area Tacomas BS Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Taco No Baka, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Jul 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka [OP] Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Sorry, I'm tempted, but I've got some stuff going on this week that's going to keep me tied up. Otherwise, I'd be happy to meet some more fellow TW members.

BTW, did you get my PM?

2. Jul 30, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    That's not this week. That's 2 weeks from tomorrow.

And yes, I got your pm. I don't really know of any info that would help in the matter. Pretty straight forward. Sorry I forgot to get back to you.

3. Jul 30, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    sdoheny

sdoheny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    N-Fab Text black 3 main tube, led interior lighting, sylvania ultra head lamps, led map/dome/license plate, rail mounted bed lights, trd skid plate, Aero Turbin muffler swap, MRBP Black Exhaust Tip, weather tech, fuel trophy, duratrac 265 70 17, plasti dip badges, Icon stage 4 suspension, TRD shift knob, AFE CAI, Raptor Light MOD.
    Checking in from Saint Petersburg! Finally started throwing some money at the Tacoma. I am going to do full OME lift this winter. Anyone have experience with doing the lift them selves?

4. Jul 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    fgcutaco

fgcutaco Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    '09 SWB, Access Cab, 5 Lug
    Stock... For now...

Still up in the air for me. Transferring schools right now, I'll see what I can do. I'm really 50/50

5. Jul 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Oh, my bad. I thought it was this Wednesday. If it's two weeks from now, hopefully I'll have my truck back from the body shop by then, but it might be in pieces with the lift going on it. Have to see.

Okay, that's basically what I wanted to know. Straight forward I can deal with. I was just worried it was going to require a Rainbow Bridge spanner while holding your tongue just right to get it apart and then back together. Stupid Haynes manual I have doesn't give any procedures for opening it up. :frusty:

If it's just a matter of splitting the case and pulling the carrier out then that'll be great.:cool:

6. Jul 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Hi Seth. I'm just about to do that to my 1st Gen in a couple of weeks. It doesn't look incredibly difficult, though I'm anticipating just about every fastener to be seized on my 15 y/o truck which will make it a PITA for sure.

Are you getting the Dakars or just going with AALs? I'm going the Dakar route since my rear springs were toast.

7. Jul 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    SR52012

SR52012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Port Richey (Tampa Area)
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco Pre-Runner SR5 3" procomp lift
    3" Procomp lift level kit N-FAB step sides

Winter?? Know we know your lieing!!!! Theres no winter in FL!

But greetings, where in St Pete are you?

8. Jul 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Hey! That's not true. Sometimes we get a day and a half or so of winter...:eek:

:D

9. Jul 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    SR52012

SR52012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Port Richey (Tampa Area)
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco Pre-Runner SR5 3" procomp lift
    3" Procomp lift level kit N-FAB step sides
    Thank you for my spelling correction... and i would like to also point out i used a know in the place of now. sorry and yet again the internet has proven me wrong!!! dont tell the wife i said that!!!!

10. Jul 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Hehehe...I refer you to my ID. It's Japanese, meaning "Stupid Taco". I completely missed the first error. The second one just jumped out at me and compelled me to fix it though. :eek:

11. Jul 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    its not hard. getting a good spring compressor is the biggest thing. i can help if you want (and buying beer)

12. Jul 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    He's doing a full OME lift though. I got mine preassembled with new top plates. Cost a little extra, but worth it.

Hehe, and yeah, I was going to invite him over to lend a hand when I do mine to get an idea on how it'll go and a little reciprocity when he does his.

Only thing is, I'm pretty much rebuilding my front end. New ball joints, CV axles, and I'm completely dropping my front diff to disassemble it so I can get the carrier out to have the spiders welded posi. So I won't be rushing to get it done.

13. Jul 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    holla at me when yall do urs, i'm down to chill, i can help too, backs are super easy, i've done mine like 6 times, never took off the springs completely, but i've disassembled them and added leafs and blocks, can't really remember the fronts that much, but shouldn't be too hard

14. Jul 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    <---Dakars

But yeah, they should be fairly easy...discounting the seized hardware, of course.

I'll let ya know when I'm about to start tearing things apart. Thanks! :D

IMG_0761.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  15. Jul 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    anything seized in the back, i'm sure we can cut off no problem, can't really say the same bout the front, i'd make sure to hit it with some pb blaster or somethin like that before you make the attempt

16. Jul 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, gonna try that magic 50/50 ATF/Acetone solution. It's supposed to work significantly better than Liquid Wrench or Kroil I got a sawzall and a ziz wheel so I'm fairly confident that I can cut whatever needs cutting if it comes to that.

17. Jul 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    taco no baka, what area of tpa are you in, i'm in ruskin now, but moving over to north st pete

18. Jul 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Nammer, you in for dinner on the 14th?

19. Jul 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Forrest Hills in North Tampa. Just North of Busch Blvd and Florida Ave.

20. Jul 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    i didn't wanta commit cuse that's my first day of orientation, but if something actually does happen then i'll try to join, but that courtney cambell causeway location is PERFECT for me

To Top