1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where are you in Georgia?

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by TacomTyler, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Mar 29, 2020 at 5:36 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Appreciate that. After the popnlock install and some fence repair this week I hope to try and tackle this. Thanks man.

2. Mar 29, 2020 at 5:50 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    I'm the same way. I like doing things myself in order to learn things and I feel a sense of accomplishment when I do. I also take pride in it. I've done all the work to my truck myself, even though nothing major. I just dont have a buddy in case I fall flat on my face...lol. I'll watch videos again and hope to try and tackle this week or next. Will keep you posted. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Bizz[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Apr 4, 2020 at 10:33 AM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport DCSB Cement Grey
    Too many to list. I’m lazy
    Finally leveled out and riding like it’s supposed to. CMC and minor plastic trimming complete thanks to @marinemonkey. Did a fantastic job making the chop look like it belonged there.
    3CA565BA-357E-4ABD-8C67-D5D360A2FBB1.jpg

4. Apr 4, 2020 at 12:02 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Looks great. :thumbsup:

5. Apr 4, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man!

you ever get that spacer installed?

6. Apr 4, 2020 at 1:00 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Not yet. Got my DIY popnlock installed and have been doing some work around the house. Cleaned/organized some of the garage, have done some yard work and have some fence and pergola repair work to do. Pergola done and have been cutting/staining wood before I begin working on the fence. Hope to get around to it at some point.

7. Apr 4, 2020 at 1:28 PM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    Damn dude. You’ve been busy

8. Apr 4, 2020 at 1:38 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Yea a little bit. Dont sit still very well. Been chilling today though. Gonna be out of work for a few more weeks give or take. Need to spread things out a little so I'm not done too early. I'll go crazy if I dont have something to do. Been looking at more things for my truck but not sure I can justify spending more money right now. Been thinking about Bilstein 5100's but holding off for now. Maybe some cheap little things. Time will tell. :)

9. Apr 16, 2020 at 10:01 AM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Hey @Bizz. Finally got the spacer installed this morning. I know about time, right? Been a little busy and looks like I'll be going back to work on Monday so I figured I better get this knocked out. Still not perfectly level from driver to passenger side but much closer. Watched many videos and decided not to mess with the alignment so just did the sway bar, uca and the shock came down low enough to put in the spacer. Wasn't bad and took about 1 1/2 hours start to finish with a few interruptions from the wife lol. I already have amber raptor lights but got a different set of blacked out amber lights from a TW member that should be here today so plan to get that done too if it shows up. Hope the wiring is identical so it will be less work. Doubt I get that lucky but I guess I'll see. Hope almost well with you and your family.

10. Apr 16, 2020 at 10:38 AM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    Hell yea man! I knew you could do it! Haha

I’ve never done the raptor lights but I would assume they would all be at least pretty same and far as wiring goes. Hopefully it’s just plug and play.

all good here. I’ve been working every day through this mess but I’m glad some people are starting to get back to work. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend for my sons birthday. It hopefully I can get this ecgs needle bearing bushing installed while I’m at it.

I just finished up today with a project I’m helping the Toyota Texas plant with. Can’t wait to see the final result :D

11. Apr 16, 2020 at 11:08 AM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    USPS tracking says it should be delivered today but last update at 0823 was in Peachtree City so not looking good on the new lights. Either way should be an easy install. My work hasn't stopped, I just took some time off so the wife and I could self quarantine so we could help her parents. She has been working from home but has to go in the office for a few hours tomorrow so I'm going back Monday since we will no longer be safe for her parents. Took vaca and sick leave but this week is without pay so need to get back. Have fun with your sons birthday cause it goes by quick and good luck with the ecgs install. Heard it's not too bad if you have the tool for it.

12. Apr 16, 2020 at 4:58 PM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    Yea really hoping @marinemonkey can help me knock it out this weekend :fistbump:

getting really sick of this vibe really quick. Also really hoping that this will stop it.

USPS tracking is shit imho. Did you end up getting them? I got 2 packages today that said they weren’t going to be here until tomorrow :rofl:

13. Apr 16, 2020 at 5:08 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Good luck. Hope you managed to get it installed. Yea I'm sick of this mess myself. Cant wait until things get back to normal, whatever that turns out to be. No unfortunately I didnt get it even though the tracking still, at this moment, shows it will be delivered today. One of two things that was supposed to be here today. One still showing peachtree city at 8:23 this morning and the other no update since the 13th. And yes their tracking sucks. Hopefully tomorrow. Keep me updated on your install and I'll do the same.

14. Apr 20, 2020 at 7:14 PM
    kellerhall1987

kellerhall1987 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocklin
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Off Road
    Fort benning/ Columbus

15. May 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    Totally just realized I never replied to this. I got it done. Problem solved.

On another note.. any chance you were just driving up 5 in holly springs? Super white with yellow raptor lights?

16. May 1, 2020 at 1:48 PM
    Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Georgia
    Very nice. I'm assuming you had a vibration from your lift hence the ECGS. How difficult was it to install? My new smoked raptor lights were 3 days late. Gotta love the usps. Finally installed them last Friday. That wasn't me. You wont see the raptor lights now unless they are on because the smoked lenses are dark like the pro grill. I got home around 3:30 and came up Hickory Rd from 140. I live in Harmony on the Lakes off Hickory. Appreciate you looking out for me. One day. :)

17. May 8, 2020 at 8:36 PM
    Dubztin2

Dubztin2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x2 QuickSand
    @Bizz First time seeing this but the truck looks great. You were still working on it when I came to get your old grill a few weeks back.

18. May 9, 2020 at 6:16 AM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    man I am terrible at telling myself I’ll respond in a few minutes haha. But yes, I had a vibration in the front that was bothering me and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Did some research and gave this a try and it worked. Install wasn’t too bad. @marinemonkey did most of the work lol. Other than needing special tools, it was pretty straight forward. This dude’s lights were on. But after reviewing my dash cam footage, he was missing the flags. Like you said, one day.

Thanks man. That grille looks good on your truck! What did you end up doing for wheels?

Dubztin2[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. May 9, 2020 at 7:01 AM
    Dubztin2

Dubztin2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x2 QuickSand
    Still running the same setup. Haha. Trd pro wheels. Still looking for a set of the offroad rims.

20. May 9, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    Bizz

Bizz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    They pop up occasionally on the main forum but check FB marketplace. I’ve seen quite a few on there lately

Dubztin2[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top