1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

where can i find an overhead console???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Neverdead4, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Apr 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    Neverdead4

Neverdead4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5
    true flow intake and AFE exhaust
    i was just wondering if anyone would know where i could an overhead console with the temp and compass display on it? i went to the dealer and they want over 1000 for the console and the temp sensor! that's crazy !!! :eek:

2. Apr 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I have come across 3 in the last month on ebay for under 200.00 but they go quick................try a salvage yard or pick a part.............

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM
    plmber58

plmber58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner sr5 package Pyrite Mica color
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    I have an 09 and my truck is all wired for it including the temp probe so I went to Toyota and they said:crapstorm: since it is a factory install I could not get it is not an add on option for the prerunner sr5 but is for the trd. Same body same wiring. WTF. I cannot use an 08 console as the 09 temp probe goes through the A/C . So I am in limbo. Good luck in getting yours

4. Apr 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    I am in the same boat man. I am looking into adding it and my 09 SR5 is all prewired for it. Did the dealer tell you that the temp prob goes through the a/c or what? Bc the actual probe is right infront by the horn.

5. Apr 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    Neverdead4

Neverdead4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5
    true flow intake and AFE exhaust
    thanks i called alot of junkyards in my area and no luck. The cheapest i could find online was at parts.com for $631 witch is alot of money but it beats the dealers price of $913

part # 63650-04010-B0

6. Apr 27, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    plmber58

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    BLU Logic, Ipod interface, storage lock box for existing storage area, debadged, new color grill, wet okole seat covers, coming a Kenwood DNX6140 radio head unit, and a Protecta bed mat
    I went to Toyota itself and the way I know about the probe wiring is on a thread here someone tried an 08 console in their 09 and the temp gauge would not read as the wiring was different. Yes the probe is in front of the radiator but the wiring supposedly is routed through the A/C unit. Why I do not know. Let me know if you do find one. I wonder if we could pressure Toyota in to letting us buy them.

7. Apr 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    plmber58

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    California
    Vehicle:
    Neverdead you are luckier than us 09 owners as you probably will find one on ebay At least you know that they can be had. Good luck

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top