1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where can I get grille color-matched in Northern VA or around DC?

Discussion in 'North East' started by sirwamz, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jun 16, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    sirwamz

sirwamz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4 Manual
    Not much......college student using the GI Bill to survive.
    Do any of you guys know where I can take my grille so it can be color matched to the truck. I have everything I need to do my Satoshi but I went to a body shop to get a price quote on how much it would cost to paint it and the dude told me $200. Hell no!!! there's a thread on here where you can order a new color matched grill for $175. The guy also told me to let him do it (satoshi) because doing that type of work was hard and he didn't think I was capable of doing it and I got offended. He wanted $500 for doing everything. I've never done anything related to Satoshi but I like doing things myself and my neighbor is rebuilding a 1930's Ford and I see him doing body work so I know I can always go to him for help. I just don't know where to paint it. If anyone can refer me to anyshop around Northern VA that has more a reasonable pricing than $200 please let me know. Danke

2. Jun 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    why don't you paint it yourself?

3. Jun 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    If you are not comfortable painting it, then buy one, and sell yours. That's what I'm doing.

4. Jun 16, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    sirwamz

sirwamz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4 Manual
    Not much......college student using the GI Bill to survive.
    I don't trust in my painting skills :D. I'm really scared of messing that up because it will be noticeable. I might do just buy one and sell mine like AC said.

5. Jun 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    Take it to a Toyota Collision Repair Center or local body shop. My dad got his horizontal part of the grill done at a Toyota Collision Repair Center

6. Jun 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    A good dealer with match an online price advertised by another dealer. Just take a printout of the page in and haggle.

I just bought mine from a dealer that came within $10 of the online price.

Products Discussed in

To Top