1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where is the cheapest place for the OEM lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by karatekid14, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Feb 15, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    karatekid14

karatekid14 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Butler PA
    Hey I'm new to this site, well I've been on alot but I finally joined. My truck is a blue, double cab, long bed, sport pkg.

I have one of those generic $150 3 inch lifts with AAL and front spacer. I'm getting rid of it. I want some better ride quality. I've been reading up what what to choose. It was between Bilstein and Old Man Emu. Read alot of forums and people really love OME, I've never heard of them until I looked into lift kits. So I'm going with them.

To summerize this post, I want to know if anyone has found somewhere cheaper than
    I am looking at this kit:

I added a top plate spacer for the front so it added $59, and I'm doing blocks in the rear instead of AAL.

Here's the price run down,

$700 for the kit
    +$59 for the front spacer
    -$38 for the discount code 112710
    +$78 for shipping (yeah, I've read forums on this too, it's expensive)

Total : $799

I'll try to get some pics listed up soon, I recently got black HID halo lights for it too. I'm also looking into DIY grills, those stupid things are expensive for the aftermarket ones... couple hundred bucks... rediculous. I really like this guys grill, and he Did it himself, wish he would've included some pictures of the process though.

homemade tacoma Grill.jpg

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You can get a very similar grille through grillcraft. You'd have to do some cutting but the install isn't too hard and it comes with instructions. You can get them through truck alterations, they've a vendor here so you can get a discount with them.

As far as your lift, there are less expensive options. Have you looked into 5100's with Eibach coils? You can set the 5100's to .85 up front and you'd get just under the 3" of lift. It'd run you around $350 (plus shipping) for that set-up in the front and it'd be a lot better than the spacer lift you have now. Downsouth motorsports sells the 5100's cheaper than toytec to save some more money. As far as the rear, I'd keep the AAL vs blocks. Seems silly to get rid of the spacer lift up front just to add one in the back. Not sure what shocks you have in the back now but changing them out can make a difference as far as ride quality.

3. Feb 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    karatekid14

karatekid14 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Butler PA
    Were you talking about this kit of bilsteins? http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-1...acoma-pre-runner-4wd-pre-load-adjustable.html

That's not a bad price at all. I just want all four shocks replaced. The rear is getting that added leaf taken out and blocks added. I haul in my truck alot and I think the cheap AAL I put in there is too fexible and over the time it's sagged. My back isn't as high as it used to be.

Where do I find these coils at? I looked on the DownSouth site and didn't see any Eibach. I know there's 883,884, and 885. I know for double cab I need 884. These numbers are just a toytec thing though aren't they?

Thanks for your help

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    karatekid14

karatekid14 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Butler PA
    Thanks for your help, I bought the 4 pack of bilstein shocks, the eibach coils, blocks for the rear and I am all set. Oh, I also was lucky enough to find a great deal on new light racing fully adjustable upper control arms on ebay for $350, instead of the regular $450 on ToyTech.

All in all I spent $875 but the OME kit was going to cost around $800 and that was without the UCA.

$285 for the bilstein shocks
    $170 for eibach coils
    $70 for the rear blocks
    $350 for the UCA

I will be sure to throw up some pictures when I get this new suspension put on.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top