1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

where is the power window relay on an 04?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by keakar, May 18, 2015.

1. May 18, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    keakar

keakar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 4runner sport 4.7L V8 (white)
    used to have - 99 2.4L I4 5 lug & 04 prerunner v6
    im converting to power windows and wondering where to find the plug for the power window relay and if the door harness dash plug has the power wires there for it or if I just need to run all new wiring for this stuff from scratch.

I have the complete entire power system for the doors (mirrors, window regulators and motors, door lock actuators, left and right door power wire harness and the switches) so all im missing, or don't know if its missing, is to find the plugs where it connects to the dash wiring on each side and install any relays or fuses needed to power it.

I have not pulled the kick panels yet to see what the wiring looks like in there.

2. May 19, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    According to my 1999 FSM, that relay, for trucks with power windows, is behind the driver-side kick panel.

3. May 21, 2015 at 5:20 PM
    keakar

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    is it safe to assume, if I find I do have the plug for it on a truck without power windows that I might also find a plug on the wiring harness for the power window door harness?

4. May 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    I wouldn't assume anything. Start taking things apart.
    This thread might help you :

5. May 22, 2015 at 3:05 AM
    keakar

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    thanks, yep I been so super busy I haven't even had a chance to look at the wiring yet. to be honest im afraid to look and see its not plug and play because I don't need more delays and aggravation (possible problems) at this time

bought completely everything I need for the doors from salvage resellers but im scared to put anything in yet until I resolve the issue of getting power to it.

I know its not that big a deal to run my own wires for it and I have 40 years electrical experience so its just I am a big stickler for oem stock and so I would want a direct oem dash wiring harness side plugs to use to wire it up and finding one that fits gives me concerns being a Toyota and all it might be non standard.

powerofchez likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top