1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to buy Bilstein 6112/5160

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TacoTim85, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Aug 26, 2020 at 6:28 PM
    meats

meats superwhite MT taco meats

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Grapevine, TX & Cushing, OK
    Vehicle:
    '20 Super White DCSB 6spd MT 4x4
    Lots--
    Not sure--- but thats why I reached out. I'll probably end up doing something totally different when it all comes down to it. Lots of time for companies to make some high performing stuff for us :headbang:

TacoTim85[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  2. Sep 2, 2020 at 7:21 AM
    hyrule_trd

hyrule_trd It’s a Secret to Everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    For the toe how did that work for what you wanted to what you got? I saw you asked for negative but got positive? Any changes since then. Planning for my alignment tomorrow after a 3/2 lift with stock wheels/tires. Thanks.

3. Sep 2, 2020 at 12:37 PM
    TacoTim85

TacoTim85 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD (Current)
    Truck drove great with this alignment. Steering effort slightly increased which is from the added caster. That's the trade off for better handling and highway stability. Not difficult to steer, just a heads up, you might notice it while parking.

hyrule_trd[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 2, 2020 at 12:53 PM
    TacoTim85

Member:
    Vancouver, Washington
    Vehicle:
    Forgot to mention...

If you have stock upper control arms (UCA) you might not be able to get as much positive caster compared to my numbers. The factory caster adjustment is the lower control arm (LCA) bolts. Often people who are lifted more than 2 inches front will need aftermarket UCA with more adjustments built in to help increase caster and set camber.

So if your UCAs are stock, the shop might say they maxed out the caster and that's all they could get... which could also affect the camber numbers somewhat.

It'd be worth it to have the max caster in that case, provided the camber is still within factory spec. The toe, they should be able to set just fine.

So if you have stock UCA I'd tell them to max out the positive caster. They will get the other values within spec after that.

Another thing, I don't know what type of lift you have. If you have stock UCA you should check to make sure your UCA don't contact the springs at full droop. Jack up the truck in your driveway/garage until the front tire leaves the ground. Then take a look.

Hope that helps. Let us know how your alignment goes.

C41n likes this.
  5. Sep 2, 2020 at 1:08 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely have to take it into account. I do have stock UCAs, for now. I will upgrade to JBAs at some point. I’ve got the Ironman Foam Cell Pro and it gave me about 3” with where I have it set now. I’m sure sure I’m leaving it there and I’ll need to double check on the droop. I don’t remember them touching but didn’t make a mental note. I had my alignment scheduled for tomorrow but had to cancel and going to wait 14 days before I’ll go in. Luckily Firestone is going to honor the $40 off lifetime alignment Labor Day deal.

D57BE6F1-E416-4E1C-AFC4-06FB860A6AE7.jpg

C41n and TacoTim85[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  6. Sep 2, 2020 at 1:19 PM
    TacoTim85

Member:
    Vancouver, Washington
    Vehicle:
    Nice! How do you like the Ironman 4x4 setup? How's the ride? It's becoming more popular. I have one friend with it currently on his truck, and another friend about to install his.

hyrule_trd[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Sep 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    So far really happy. I know everyone says this about their lift, but feels much better than stock. You still feel bumps but they are really smoothed out, driving at 50+ is really smooth. There is really no dip while stopping, and feel more stable. I’m waiting till I get more miles for a really good review since I’ve not even gotten over 200 miles on it yet. I can’t compare it to any other lifts but maybe once ill let others in my truck I’ll let someone with another lift ride in it.

8. Sep 2, 2020 at 2:07 PM
    TacoTim85

Member:
    Vancouver, Washington
    Vehicle:
    Hey, if you're happy that's what matters :D.

The stock brake dive drove me crazy lol. That and the stock boat-like handling.

9. Sep 2, 2020 at 2:13 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Sure am. Same feeing about the diving and boat feeling and now it gone. Just gotta wait to get wheels and tires.

TacoTim85[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  10. Dec 10, 2021 at 11:31 AM
    AZYODA

AZYODA New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    2019 White Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Venom Rex VR-602 Diamondback Bed Cover TRD Pro Grill TRD Skid Plate NFAB Predator Pro Steps Baja Design Squadron SAE Amber Foglights
    would it be too much to ask if you posted a new side shot of your truck? Now that it has settled, I’m thinking of going your route on the notches

Products Discussed in

To Top