1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to find a larger gas tank?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by cldowhan, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Nov 23, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    cldowhan

cldowhan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma dbl cab
    ARB Delux Bull Bar, Raider Cap.
    Hello everybody and thanks for your help. I have a 2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab 6 speed manual. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a larger gas tank to install. Basically what I'm looking for is what The Long Ranger has developed for the Toyota Hilux the TR63/TR63A, is there anybody in Canada or the USA can can make this or has something similar?

2. Nov 23, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
  3. Nov 23, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Kragen HID, 1 Cibie Halogen.
    There should be some place to make custom tanks... Otherwise, Jerry Cans? 300-400 mile range not enough? A second full tank adds a lot of weight and will hurt mileage. But, if there are no secure fuel sources, then that's the way to go!

4. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you
    I would love to find an additional tank to add to the factory one. I have been looking for one that is mounted under the truck just like the factory, and it ties into the factory tank. I don't want a second fill spout nor do I want a second fuel pump. I know a tank can be made that just fills and empties in and out of the main/factory tank. Those silly transfer cases are a pain, especally with a cap on the truck, and it's a pain to then fill the factory tank.

I deffinatly dont worry about the extra weight because is really is nothing. Figure a gallon of water weighs just under 8 lbs, and gas is less then water. A 50 gallon tank filled with gas will weigh less then 400 lbs...hell people put more weight then that on their trucks between armored front and rear bumpers, skid plats, sliders, caps, or truck boxes. And the loss in miles per gallon....hell, that's soo small, who cares. lol

I just want it so I can go longer between fill ups and ride out the times the gas companies want to rape us with jacked up prices.

5. Nov 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco That "grill guy" Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB cut to pieces...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad / Safari Snorkel / Illuminated 4x4 switch / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust Dump / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift
  6. Mar 7, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    steve103

steve103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    santa cruz ca
    Vehicle:
    07 taco
    arb bumper,bilstein shocks,886 ome springs,ar mojove rims,2optima batteries,custom electrial.on board air,cb,14gal frontrunner water tank,frontrunner roofrack
To Top