1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to get my tires mounted and balanced

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rclark430, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    rclark430

rclark430 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Stock
    This has probably been asked before, but I've searched on here and searched on Google and haven't gotten too much information. I bought a set of tires from my work and I need to find a place to get them mounted and balanced. Some people say Walmart, some say this or that, but it's all mixed.

Has anyone recently had to take a set of tires to have them mounted and balanced? Where did you go and what did you pay? I know I could call a few places, but I'm looking more for your experience quality-wise... and I'm just lazy.

BTW, I live in NE Georgia.

Thanks in advance!

2. Oct 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    i just had mine mounted on tuesday at discount tire. paid 15 a wheel.

3. Oct 14, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    i got mine done 2 times at walmart and 1 time at sams, they all really couldnt do it, i had a really bad vibration. took it to Toyota i think they charged me like 60$ i would have paid 100 by the time it came down to it.

4. Oct 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD O/R PreRunner SexyAss Barcelona Red
    TRD Drop-In, TRD Exhaust, OEM Roof Rack, N-Fabs, WeatherTech Liners, LED Interior Lights, Devil Horns Emblem, 2011 Painted Grill, Debadged with Sockmonkey TRD Badging only, Katzkins Leather Int; Next: 5100s/Eibachs
    any reputable tire shop like tire kingdom or pep boys or a few other places should be fine. the average charge is about $15-20 per tire.

5. Oct 14, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    jcayce

jcayce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Depends on what you care about more, how it looks when they are done or how it rides when they are done.

I had mine mounted and balanced at the dealership I bought the truck from and told them to be especially careful as I had waited a long time for my FJ TRD rims. I didn't want Discount Tire to do it because I thought that the teenage tire jockey would screw them up. Turns out the Toyota dealership was the one that screwed them up by gouging and scratching all 4 rims. All this after I specifically told the service writer on three seperate occassions to PLEASE BE CAREFUL and IF YOU CANNOT BE CAREFUL I WILL TAKE THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE. On a side note they ride smooth as glass...

If you care about looks and ride, take them to some Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover dealership where people actually care and have them do it. They probably get some pretty anal retentive clients and know to do things right the first time.

6. Oct 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
  7. Oct 15, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    Drainbung

Drainbung Some days you watch the show, and some days...

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob but I was Chad 616 for a moment
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB
    Powder Coated TRD Sport Rims, Avid Step Bars, OEM Roof Rack w/Yakima Rack attached, AFE Drop In Air Cleaner, Crown Performance SS Brake Lines, StopTech Cryo Slotted Rotors, Powerstop Z36 Pads, OME 886 and Dakars w/AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Ride-Rite Air Bags w/Daystar Cradles, Blue Instinct Covers (all), Coupe TRD Battery Hold-down, Flyeyze LED V1 & 3VP, Airflow Snorkel, Elite Off Road Aluminum Bumper, Warn M8000S, Body Armor 4X4 Rear Bumper, ECGS Booshing, Homer Taco Satoshi, Anti-Dark Hoodlights, FWC Eagle Popup Camper, I'd be better off a Crackhead...
    Find a shop that uses the Hunter "Road Force" system where they match mount the tire/wheel. Here's a link to Hunter with the shop locator. If the link doesn't work just search Hunter Tire Equipment and search through the website.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

To Top