1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

where to get pushh buttom diff lock

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by socal19, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Jan 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Hey guys I have a 03 taco prerunner I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get the rear diff locker like some of the tacomas have the push buttom one......I want one for my truck

2. Jan 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
  3. Jan 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    ARB is awesome!!! They should involve professional installation with gear setup. Plus, air supply to engage it. Do some research. They're awesome lockers!! Just a but expensive after its all said & done.

4. Jan 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 240k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
    Before you buy a locker, you may want to think about switching your prerunner out for a 4x4 (aka sell it). A locker is quite useful for serious offroading and trail riding, but IMO a prerunner is kind of pointless in those situations. A 4wd is much better, especially a locked one.

So if you're still thinking locker than take a good look at ARB because they are the best lockers on the market (and also expensive), but you may want a 4x4 taco first.

5. Jan 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Well I was just thinking ab out it but I don't think imma get one I'm a prerunner and I never get stuck anywhere....I go to pismo glamis and everywhere in my taco even went to azusa I know how to drive so I won't get stuck I just saw a couple people with lockers I was thinking if it was cheap I was gonna get one

6. Jan 3, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    to throw a stock e-locker on your truck, you will need to swap out the rear end as well... you cant just add the actuator and switch to your existing rear diff...

since you're doin desert wheelin, you def want to look into the locker and it's worth the money...

you can find TRD rear ends for sale from time to time if you know where to look for as little as $300 for the 3rd member to about $500 to $600 for the whole axle drum to drum...

hang out in the local desert scene enough, and you can make friends with a lot of folks who are parting out and upgrading enough to throw a deal your way...

To Top