1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to invest IRA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by AvsFanTRD, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Jan 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD [OP] Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    I certainly don't have the know how for intense investing. If all this info is on what to do with a Roth IRA, I didn't know they were so involved. It's good info though.

I was initially asking where to open the account at. What company has the lowest fees and simplicity of use? Glad people are giving info though.

2. Jan 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Good advice.

One caveat, sometimes fees can be justified - I have status with BofA that allows me to trade for free. I like the tools that Fidelity has do do the homework I need to do. I could save about $5-8-9k per year but I feel the tools allow me to much more efficient and therefore a better informed investor.

3. Jan 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    dlthunder

dlthunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Sold my Taco
    TRD Skid Plate Rear Seat 11inch DVD Toyota Bed Mat Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit Nerf Bars Tailgate Electric Dynolock D-ring Bedbolts
    It all depends on what type of investor you are. If you are trading at BofA for free it is because you are in a Self Directed account (very similar to Fidelity and Vanguard) and have the correct asset levels. I have the same status at BofA and am also a full service client. That said for most people the online companies have a lower asset requirement to qualify for the lower trading $ levels.

That said, I do agree with HBMurphy - as with everything in life sometimes you get what you pay for.

Products Discussed in

To Top