1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to Mount & Balance

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Smoove06, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    Smoove06

Smoove06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC TRD OR
    Elusive Elements Grille Yellow Fog Lights (Painted) Fog Light Anytime MOD DRL MOD BHLM Paint Matched Grille 5100s (.85) Up front with Eibach coils 2" AAL
    So heres the scenario...i just bought some retreaded tires from treadwright.com and i need to mount and balance them once they come in. I thought discount tire was gonna be a sure bet to have them mount and balance them but they want to charge me $150 for it. That price also includes a TPMS recharge kit! Does that sound like higway robbery to anyone? If so, can anyone suggest a good place to get my tires mounted and balanced. Preferably in the North Phoenix area?

Thanks!

2. Feb 7, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    06RedComa

06RedComa Yotas For Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Pacific Grove
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC Sport
    Camburg 2.5" Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, OME 182s, Deaver Progressive leaf pack, AFE SI, TRD exhaust, Rear breather, BHLM, Grillcraft grille, Painted engine cover, Bed Lights, OBA, All-Pro APEX Bumper, Kenwood DNX6960, Avid Sliders
    Whats a TPMS recharge kit? It might be a little high but for the customer service I receive from them, would probably make it worth it for me. They have always patched, repaired the bead, and rotated my tires for free, no questions ask, even before I bought tires from them.

3. Feb 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    I'd have to say you get what you pay for...DT is the shit as far as customer service. I'd rather pay a little more and get quality service than go to the other guys who are fuckin' retarded :eek:

4. Feb 8, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    Smoove06

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC TRD OR
    Elusive Elements Grille Yellow Fog Lights (Painted) Fog Light Anytime MOD DRL MOD BHLM Paint Matched Grille 5100s (.85) Up front with Eibach coils 2" AAL
    I wasnt too sure what they meant by TPMS recharge kit. All they said was that I needed that because i'll be putting on new tires and that they have to remove the TPMS and change some interlocking nut or something like that. I dunno, it seemed kinda fishy to me because the guy couldnt really explain it too me. At the end, he said i just needed it. When i called other places, they said they're not going to be messing with the TPMS.

5. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    Seabass

Seabass I need to go return some videotapes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    <insert thief bait here>
    Actually it's called a TPMS rebuild kit. Makes sure everything is working smooth with them when you change tires.

6. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    koch1024

koch1024 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    NYC
    Vehicle:
    04 Xtra Cab 3.4 5spd
    Icon 2.5s with Camburg UCA's, 5100s in the rear, K&N intake, Borla cat back,
    That price sounds high. I would expect half of that. I used to work at a tire shop in the northwest. The tpms "recharge kit" had a new rubber washer, valve core, and the nut that holds the sensor in. Basically wearable parts that could cause a leak if they did in fact wear out. Its not something you have to do. Its been five years since i worked there but we used to charge $11 to balance and I think a dismount/mount was $7 for light truck tires.

7. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    Smoove06

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC TRD OR
    So if its not something I "have to" do, can i get away with not doing it?

8. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    Seabass

Seabass I need to go return some videotapes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    <insert thief bait here>
    Yes, you don't have to do it. I skipped the recharge kits when I got my new tires last year and I've had the same sensors/kits since I bought the truck new in 2006 without any failures. I'll probably do it when I get tires again (hopefully not til next year) just because mine are so old.

9. Feb 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    06RedComa

06RedComa Yotas For Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Pacific Grove
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC Sport
    Camburg 2.5" Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, OME 182s, Deaver Progressive leaf pack, AFE SI, TRD exhaust, Rear breather, BHLM, Grillcraft grille, Painted engine cover, Bed Lights, OBA, All-Pro APEX Bumper, Kenwood DNX6960, Avid Sliders
    When I went to DT, I asked about switching the TPMS and they acted like it was the easiest thing to do and never said anything about a rebuild kit

To Top