1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whhel spacers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BSP4x4, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 [OP] Guest

what r wheel spacers for? do they go between the wheel and axle? r they for a wider stance?

2. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 [OP] Guest

anyone?

3. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:42 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Found this on the net.

"Wheel Spacers are simply what they are called - spacers. they create clearance/space between the wheel and the hub (mounting spot) which increases clearance from the inner wheel well. Most manufacturers use high-grade aluminum, which lead many to having weight and tire size rated spacers.

Adding wheel spacers will have the effect of running a wheel with a negative offset. they give you room for larger tires, thus solving most fitment issues. However, there is a downside; increased stress on the wheel bearings, spindles, knuckles, etc just like wider wheels or negative offset. Also, remember that because of the fact that the spacers bolt onto the hub and then the wheel bolts to the spacer, this will cause you to have to torque 2 times more than usual. DO NOT FORGET TO TORQUE ALL THE WHEEL LUGS. The most important thing to remember when purchasing spacers is to carefully measure things out ahead of time so that you can purchase spacers that are no thicker than they have to be. "

4. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:48 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    smaller ones are used sometimes to give you clearance between your tire and UCA when running bigger tires on stock wheels

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 [OP] Guest

So if i want to use stock wheels...but get the effect of a -12mm offset wheel i can just use spacers right?

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Commifornia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    To much to list...see sig for more...
    What size tires are you trying to run? Anything larger than 285's on stock wheels you may want to consider spacers.

7. Feb 5, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 [OP] Guest

i have 265/75/16 stock steel wheels and dunlops. Want to get 265/75/16 BFG ATs. trying to decide on keeping my stock wheels and using spacers to get a wider stance...or just getting new wheels...with an offset like the XD revolvers...thoughts?

8. Feb 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    so it will be purley for looks, the spacers will work if you want to save money. I dont really know what your asking here?

its up to you if your keeping the same tire size...new rims for looks or spacers with stock wheels for looks.

To Top