1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which 05+ Speaker Adapter

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by TRD2007RED, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Mar 11, 2009 at 4:14 AM
    TRD2007RED

TRD2007RED [OP] New Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 PreRunner SR5 w/TRD
    HU: Eclipse AVN30D with Bluetooth and aftermarket Backup Cam, Spk: Eclipse/Front and Polk/Rear, TSB Lifted, Raptor SS Step Bar, Hitch Light with Toyota Emblem
    Hello all. Just took advantage of CircuitCity closing sale on the speakers, Eclipse SE6900 and Polk 6.5 EX II, plus some Dynamate Extreme. Notice that speaker adapter will be required for replacement. eBay shown 2 different type, one from Tacotunes and the other from a PA seller. Both are made of plastic for 6X9. Tacotunes selling for $29.99 plus $12.95 s/h and the other just $17.99 plus $5.99 s/h. Wonder has anyone installed the later? If so, could you please shaare the opinion? Try to save a little for the "big" spending earlier but the quality must be acceptable.
    [​IMG]

Update: Finally found all the answers from additional reading. Appearently those adaptors are not as good and not recommended by those who installed them.

Finally went with tacotune's. Now that I have both front and rear speakers updated with the Eclipse SE6900 (6X9) and Polk 620a (6.5"). All I can say is, I am so glad I did it. I like it a lot better now. While I had those door pannels out, I did some sound deadening with the Dynamat Extreme. Also added a layer of floor mat, from Wal-Mart, between the door and its pannel.

Thanks for all the input and info.

2. Mar 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    hit up mr marv in his subforum under vendors, his work is top notch and knows what speakers fit and which don't

3. Mar 11, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    boogie

boogie Well-Known Member

Member:
    south florida
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD Sport 2WD 6" Fabtec 951 Moto Metals
    bull bar, lift, rims ,tires,TRD floor mats,led interior bulbs, color matched bed cap
    Mr. Marv FTW....

To Top