1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

which bilsteins to buy

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by criffsk8, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    criffsk8

criffsk8 [OP] lazer

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    springhill, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 reg cab sr5
    nothing yet
    I have a 2005 prerunner. I want to put bilstein 5100's on it to make it sit a little higher, and have a better ride. I don't know which ones to get, the bilstein 5100 offroad says its for lifted trucks. Mines not lifted, but i wanted the shock to do it. Do i have to already have a lift on the truck to put these on?

2. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    96Taco

96Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 DBL CAB Tacoma
    Why do you want the Offrroad series? I'm not familiar with this line so perhaps someone else will chime in.

If you're not interested in a crazy lift but just want some extra height, why not just order the standard Blistein 5100's?
    These guys seem to have the best price from what I can find:
    http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-1...acoma-pre-runner-4wd-pre-load-adjustable.html

The Blistein shocks are adjustable so you can acheive a slightly higher ride height. If you want to lift your truck you will probably have to do something to the back (AAL, spacers, etc). The rear Blisteins shocks do not lift the rear, only the front ones provide lift/levelling.

Note, this info is from my reserach not first hand. I'm getting mine pretty soon as I had the same kind of requirement you are looking for.

HTH.

Products Discussed in

To Top