1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

which gear ratio to choose?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by carib_taco, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sep 29, 2010 at 12:27 AM
    carib_taco

carib_taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD Offroad
    ARB front Bumper, Warn winsch, Safari Snorkel, CBI rear bumper, Bilstein 5100, Alcan leafs, CBI rock slides, LR UCA:s, ARB OBA, IPF extra lights, Tinted windows, Bestop Supertop, Blacked out emblems, Blacked out grill surround, Fortress Fs-90 Alarm, Removed mudflaps, Hi-lift
    I´m trying to figure out which gear ratio to choose for my -05 dc. After lifting 2,5"and putting on 33" tires the gasolin consumption has increased alot! After looking in old threads about this subject, it seems that 4.56 and 4.88 are the most common ratios with similar setups. I live in a fairly big city with much traffic i.e lot´s of start´s and stops, accelaration between the stop light´s etc. And when i´m not stuck in traffic I use it for offroading also, so....with my setup etc, what would be a good gear ratio to choose? Any input is welcome!

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    SKINUM

SKINUM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Va/Tn/KY border
    Vehicle:
    07 FJC
    a lot!
    4.56 for 33's.......4.88's if your looking @ 35's. V6?

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM
    carib_taco

carib_taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD Offroad
    ARB front Bumper, Warn winsch, Safari Snorkel, CBI rear bumper, Bilstein 5100, Alcan leafs, CBI rock slides, LR UCA:s, ARB OBA, IPF extra lights, Tinted windows, Bestop Supertop, Blacked out emblems, Blacked out grill surround, Fortress Fs-90 Alarm, Removed mudflaps, Hi-lift
    Yes, V6 it is

To Top