1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Headlights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Chad, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Sep 10, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Most of these lights are the same regardless of them being from Anzo, or whatever. Essentially all the same just sold from different people. Can't attest for how the Taco ones are but from all the other vehicles I've heard with these the output isn't usually great and they're fairly cheap. Additionally I know the ones for the Impala people had a lot of problems with the halo lights going out all the time. Can do HID's but most cars end up having better output with HID's in the halogen reflectors than they do with these projectors especially since they're halogen projectors and not HID projectors. Personally I hate all these ebay projector lights. Don't like the halos nor the LED's. Just too much going on for me. If I wanted projectors I'd pony up the dough to do a retrofit with actual HID projectors.

As far as wanting them to look "blue" you might as well just buy an HID kit with a blueish output like a 6oook kit because you won't get the drastic blue/purple like you would from say a BMW or Audi or something with HID's. The output on those aren't actually that color it's just that the projectors from a certain angle refract part of the light spectrum so you only see the purple or blue part of the light spectrum. If you were to look head on into them they would be pure white because they're typically using a 4300k kit unlike a 6000k HID kit or above where the output itself is actually blue.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I don't plan on getting these anymore. Ive heard too many stories of fogging and moisture and such... I may get the tails though.

3. Sep 14, 2009 at 1:37 AM
    Fo_SheeZy

Fo_SheeZy Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Johnson City, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 Urban 4Runner
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3108855
    Your exactly right, the beam pattern is terrible. I put a set of those on my girlfriend's integra and it completely ruined the light output, even though they look better than stock but still.... they're all made in Taiwan by the same company I believe.

Products Discussed in

To Top