1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which replacement bumper?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TurfTaco, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco [OP] Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    Gonna get a black bumper from https://www.toyotapartsbarn.com/toyota-tacoma-parts.html but want to make sure its the correct one. They list with SR5 pkg and w/o SR5 pkg. I assume its w/ SR5 pkg. Then you get 2 more options: w/ street pkg and w/o street pkg of which I think its w/ street pkg because its 183.00. Whats the difference in these options, i mean isn't it just a skin?

2. Sep 15, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I think,,, with SR5 will be a chrome bumper, w/o is a black primered bumper. But, look thru this thread for the proper part number for the cheap black primered bumper http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/41023-removal-installation-rear-bumper.html.

Guess this is assuming you are looking for the non-chrome bumper. If you're looking for chrome, I believe it's the SR5 option. The street pkg seems to ring some bells that it is actually the Sport pkg, which would give you the non-chrome bumper again.

Prices should help figure this out. Chrome should be the more expensive option.

3. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    Thanks. Part # should do the trick. I'm hoping i can just go with the bumper the way it comes primed black and not have to paint it.

4. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    Give me yours...you don't need it! Then I can afford to paint it. I'm in siler city. I hate your damn truck! I see it all the time and it makes me want to spend more money on mine!

5. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    A primed black bumper from toyotapartsbarn is 163.00 plus shipping but its just the skin...no brackets or pads and no hitch. A new complete bumper is 700.00:eek:

6. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    You should be able to get 300.00 I think I'm gonna get the skin and transfer my pads/brackets to the new bumper.

To Top