1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which tool brand do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Swimmerboy2112, Dec 1, 2012.

?

What tools do you use?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2013.
  1. Snap-On

71 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. Mac

6 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Matco

13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Cornwell

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Craftsman

110 vote(s)
    67.5%
  1. Feb 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    Zimaura

Zimaura Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nj
    San jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 Double Cab. level Kit, 33 inch BFGs
    Level Kit, 16inch Moto Metals, 33 BFGs, Flowmaster, tinted taillights, silver billet grills
    Mac Tools' air tools, Ridgid electric tools and Snap On everything else... Also some cheapy crescent tools lol

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2013 4X4 LT
    All craftsman at work and at home. I wish I could afford snap-on but craftsman does the job and I can go to a local sears to for a quick purchase.

3. Feb 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    Sky King

Sky King Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Memphis, Tn
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Serious sound deadening in the cab and extensive audio system.
    99.9% all Snap-On. I have been a professional mechanic for over 35 years. Long ago, Craftsman was a good tool at a good value. But some time ago, I started having trouble getting Sears to honor the "lifetime" warranty. After the third time when they wouldn't honor the warranty, I told them I would never buy another Craftsman tool. I told them that my tools put the roof over my family's head, food on the table and clothes on our backs. I need a tool I can depend on and when it fails, I need to know the manufacturer will stand behind them.

I had many Snap-On tools before that but I had a pretty good mix between the two. Since that time, it has been Snap-On only. I have NEVER had a Snap-On dealer give me ANY hassle over a failed tool, which rarely happens. Also, as others have pointed out, the Snap-On dealer comes to me. You get what you pay for.

For the week-end or hobby mechanic who can afford to stop the work they are doing while they run to the store to replace a tool, and whose tools are not used EVERY DAY, some of the lesser expensive brands are fine. But when I am in the middle of a job and a tool takes a crap, it is a BIG deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top