1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Toytec AAL for Eibachs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Tacomafinally, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Oct 13, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Tacomafinally

Tacomafinally [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Truck is sold
    So I have my 5100s in my garage and now I'm pulling the trigger on the Eibach springs, 1/4 driver side spacer for taco lean, CB drop kit, and rear AAL. I DO NOT have the rear TSB done. My plan is to run the .85 setting on the 5100s. My question is which Toytec AAL would I need to maintain the factory rake? Level will work too, but I'd rather have slight rake like stock.

I'll probably get an answer refering to measuring for myself; if that's the case, do I measure from the center of the wheel hub to the fender? Anyone who has this setup with non tsb leafs, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

2. Oct 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    I went with the 2" because I wanted a bit of rake for when I tow my trailer with dirt bikes. Pics in my pictures area.

3. Oct 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    Tacomafinally

Tacomafinally [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Truck is sold
    thanks for the feedback Fabulous. How do you look when not towing? How much more lifted are you in the rear then in the front? I'm not towing anything now or in the forseeable future.

edit: after looking at your pictures I'd say your stance is perfect! is that a 2" difference from rear to front?

4. Oct 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    My measurements before lift were 35" in the front, and 37" in the back measured through the middle of the hubs with 265/70-17 tires. Now it is at 37.5" front, and 39.25" in the back after a month of settling. Also keep in mind that the rear arch is 0.5" higher than the front, so guys they have them at the same height are actually lower in the back by 0.5". I think the way I have it looks great with the amount of rake I have. 2" AAL with the 5100's actually really improved the ride too, as I was worried it would be stiff...it's excellent! Wife even noticed it the first time we went for a ride.

To Top