1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which UCA is better..??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sandman427, Jun 9, 2009.

?

Which UCA do you Like and Why..??

1. Total Chaos

55.0%
  2. Donahoe (icon)

12.5%
  3. Camburg

25.1%
  4. stock

7.4%
  1. Aug 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    2ndGenJonny

2ndGenJonny Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    [​IMG]

Total Chaos UCA and LCA makes for a solid front end :D

2. Aug 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    only if i had $$$ :/

3. Aug 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    I voted for TC even though I have Camburg ball joint UCA's. I went through the extra effort to put in new Moog BJ's prior to installing my Camburg UCA's and they split the metal cup the BJ presses into. Contacted Camburg to no avail. Employees replied to my posts from their private accounts to blast me for improper installation. Eventually they just started ignoring my calls & emails. Months later they posted on their website that their UCA's will not work with Moog and made it sound like I never read the disclaimer.

After reading that thread on TTORA, I'm convinced that Camburgs staff are terds in general. Maybe not everyone there but in general. As a rep of the company; who the heck treats their customers and business coleagues like this? Industry leader or not. Be professional.

I will never buy from Camburg ever again. Even if they have the claimed best product, or the only manufacturer of something I need. I'm sorry if this offends any Camburg customers out there (not trying to create an argument), but this is my opinion based on personal experience.

4. Aug 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Built Rights got my vote if they are still under $500.

5. Aug 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    motoxscott

motoxscott Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Socal -> Hurricane, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra - 2008 Tacoma
    Camburg, FOX, Method, General Tire, Deaver
    Sorry you feel that way, not sure who you dealt with here, probably someone who doesn't work here anymore because none of that sounds familiar.

.. our ball-joint arms were designed to use the factory Toyota OEM ball-joint and dimensions. If manufacturers like MOOG could keep their tolerances within an industry standard then they would work 100% of the time too. The problem is they dont and I can take 10 MOOG ball-joints off the shelf from a local auto parts shop and 5 of the 10 fit and the other 5 don't ... all in the same arm. So you tell me who is building the precision part.

So instead of giving people false hope, we later put on our website the MOOG stuff doesn't fit for that reason. When customers calls we give them full details of why. After that it's your decision of what direction to go. The MOOG ball-joint is also much lower quality and nothing to be proud about. You can find take off arms all day long to get the Toyota ball-joints, since 90% of the people out there go with uniball arms. Why Toyota doesn't sell just ball-joints is beyond me but I dont make the rules, just follow them.

If you have any other questions, concerns, etc give us a call or send us an email. 714-848-8880 sales@camburg.com

Signed ..... Camburg Terd Scott Zindroski

6. Aug 28, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    eaglesfn5402

eaglesfn5402 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I went with Light Racing UCAs from Headstrongoffroad.com

7. Aug 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    I wasnt bragging about Moog's quality. Just stating facts.

Seems like mud slinging is still SOP at camburg. Smells much like the SOS. Its your choice to join the general consensus versus being an exception.

:confused:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  8. Aug 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Chakraj

Chakraj Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD SPORT v6 auto 4x4
    Badgers, I don't need no stinking Badgers.
    I vote total chaos, went on easy, aligned perfectly, and they have been around longest.

Oh and when I called them with questions they were great, said call anytime.

9. Aug 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
  10. Aug 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Airdog

Airdog did your Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/airdogs-2012-prerunner-access-cab-slow-build.264263/
    How about these babys...Icon UCA with uniball caps!
    [​IMG]

11. Aug 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    motoxscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Socal -> Hurricane, UT
    Vehicle:
    No one said you did or implied it, so I have no clue why this is a point you're making other than to stir the pot.

"SOP" Standard operating procedure here at Camburg is to give out facts and to educate our customers and non-customers for that matter.

The fact is that the MOOG ball-joints you purchased were oversized and you took it upon yourself to use way too much pressure in a press to force/install them into our arm that then later damaged the arm and ball-joint. That is no different than using an 500 ft/lb impact gun to get a coarse thread nut onto a fine thread bolt because it wouldn't thread on by hand or even with a standard wrench. Now I'm not slinging mud as you call it or talking down or arguing, but when problems arise that are out of our control a red flag should go up. We built the arm 100% correct. The part you tried installing into it wasn't correct. From day one we said this arm was designed around the factory ball-joint. MOOG is not factory.

For all you readers take this for what it's worth ... we have some of the best customer service out there .. hence why I'm on here on my own personal time. Are we perfect, nope, no company is .... perfect doesn't exist. For every 1 upset customer you read about online that only gives you half the real story their are 10,000 happy customers you never hear about.

Their are a lot of options out there, especially when you have smaller and newer companies copying what companies like us and Total Chaos have been building for 15+ years. Do your research and look at the details, not just buzz words and cool logos. If you have specific questions about our product lets us know. I can talk about this stuff way too long.

With that said go enjoy what we all work hard for, regardless of what brand product you have.

- Scott @ Camburg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  12. Aug 29, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    SoCaltaco65

Member:
    Vehicle:
  13. Aug 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    Forums are an excellent place to share experiences, information, opinions, etc. You obviously took offense to the basic purpose of why we are here.

Your right, it was my choice to keep pressing in the moogs. But if I was presented with the correct information in the beginning and had responses from Camburg instead of just being ignored, then it would be a different story. I would've gladly returned my moogs to Merles and looked for a different BJ. This choice was based on my options at the time and having opinions from 2 very experienced mechanical engineers on hand. Me being one of those. We work for the one of the largest construction and mining equipment manufacturers in the world. My colleague that was with me graduated from a university sponsored by GM. Before heading off to University, I was offered a internship at a local Ford dealership based my accomplishments in HS automotive BTW. And yes, I often make mistakes that relates to product quality. Its part of being human. My boss and work realizes that. our company will do the best that we can to respond, react, and improve.

If Camburg is that confident in their product, then include work instructions with proper warnings (do's and donts). Why leave it open for hearsay?? If you value your customers, then dont imply they dont know what they are doing. In the end, its just a job bro. Are you really putting your name at stake for a company that you might not even work for in 6 months? Maybe in the future we can work for the same company and be on the same side. Until then, its nothing personal so have a nice day.

14. Aug 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    You have a sweet setup bro.

15. Aug 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    motoxscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Socal -> Hurricane, UT
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the good laugh this morning ... I needed it since I got rear-ended by a Pruis who wasn't paying attention on my way in. I've worked here for over 9 years, so I have no intentions to be any where else in the next 6 months. Thanks for your concern though.

In the end with all your training and education you tired to force a non OEM part that wasn't fitting and you damaged them .. it's that simple. We've always said the arms we're designed for the OEM ball-joints. If something doesn't fit you don't use a 10 ton press to make it fit.

I've said what needs to be said ..... have a great day everyone.

- Scott @ Camburg

16. Aug 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:^^^^^^^

Wow, what a great read.

17. Aug 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    Good luck with that career strategy. I'm sure those words will echo through your head next time you're having a bad day there.

Well Scott, why didnt you guys just cut to the chase and state that when I originally called for tech support or include some install instructions?

And thanks again for proving all my points. TW members, you decide, are these the kinda folks you wanna rely on for product support?

18. Aug 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    SoCaltaco65

Member:
    Vehicle:

:washing:

19. Aug 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

20. Aug 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    motoxscott

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Socal -> Hurricane, UT
    Vehicle:
    "Looking to change out your upper control arms without hitting the bank account too hard? Camburg now offers a performance upper arm that utilizes your stock OEM Toyota ball-joint. It gives many of the same benefits their uniball upper arms offer at a much lower cost."

We've stated this since day one ... you just didn't read this I guess or understand what "OEM TOYOTA" means. Take some responsibilty on the fact that you used the wrong part and you forced it in to try and make it work. Square pegs don't fit into round holes.

I'm sure you'll follow up with another post how we did you wrong, etc etc. Now I'm done.

- Scott @ Camburg

Products Discussed in

To Top