1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

White Christmas in Raleigh, NC!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cobrakenny, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 8:31 AM

cobrakenny [OP] Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2007
    First Name:
    Raleigh, NC
    09 TRD Crew Cab 4x4 LB
    Finally my first good snowfall here in NC with the Taco!

We got around 7" of snow as a Christmas present this weekend. It was great that it fell between a Sat and Sun so when I went out early Sunday morning it was mostly virgin snow with very few cars out there doing 5mph. I took the pics around 7:30 am and it snowed pretty heavy untill noon. What a great time!
    Let me thank David K for his excelent write up of how our 4 wheel system works...I'm not the brightest light in the hall so all that info was a little confusing without being able to feel the diferences in real time so I printed it out, taped it to the dash and went out and played...for about 7 hours! Although I still feel that the simple mechanical clutch system in the rear end of my last 3 Ford Ranger 4x4's was fantastic I must admit that the electronic control in the Toyota is quite impressive. And now that I've been able to figure out the multiple settings I can still have some fun when I want (man the Ranger was fun) but depending on the settings, although the the Ranger was really good... I feel the Taco could get out of just about anything.

Thanks again David and a belated Merry Christmas to you all!

christmas2010 120.jpg
    christmas2010 126.jpg
To Top