1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

White Rock Lake trail difficulty

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by agcomptec, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Jul 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    agcomptec

agcomptec [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    California
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 DCLB
    I've seen that lots of people here and on other websites have visited White Rock Lake in Tahoe NF. I see plenty of pictures of people at the lake, but I haven't really found any pictures or descriptions of the trail to the lake, people just say that it gets harder towards the end. Does anybody have info?

I have a 2nd gen DCLB 4x4, 100% stock (with the exception of the anti-tailgate theft mod...) and I'm wondering if I will risk rocker panel damage or excessive brush scraping here. With less than 2K miles, I'm not ready to abuse it yet...

Any info would be great. Thanks.

2. Jul 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    2011flowedtaco

2011flowedtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Antioch, California
    Vehicle:
    '11 aclb white trd sport 4x4
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, flowmaster dual exhaust, mb sport 17 inch rims, 33's coming soon
    Sub'd. Would love to know the answer to that as well.

3. Jul 10, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
  4. Jul 11, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    I've camped there before back in 2008 or so. Memory is getting sort of fuzzy on it, but this is what I recall. If camping at the end where you come in by the dam, my highlander could make it. It's just a forest road. To continue to the campsites along the lake, you don't need 4wd, just a little clearance because there's a boulder in a somewhat narrow spot (IIRC) to go over. A Subaru Outback can pass that spot. Once past, it's a forest road level of difficulty again.

Most older trail notes combine this with Mt Lola trail. That was a seriously steep, rough trail at the very back of the lake that is no longer open after the last major accident occurred (friend of mine was with that group and it required life flight to be brought in. Trail has been closed since.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  5. Jul 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    agcomptec

agcomptec [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    California
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 DCLB
    Thanks guys! So it sounds like pretty much any decent-clearance vehicle will be fine, as long as you don't want to drive on the rock.

Products Discussed in

To Top