1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

White smoke, smells kinda like rubber

Discussion in 'Towing' started by mazummo, May 8, 2018.

1. May 8, 2018 at 3:37 PM
    mazummo

mazummo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael-angelo
    Vehicle:
    2015 Pyrite Mica TRD Off-Road
    None
    Hey everyone,

My family and I just re-located back to NH from Florida this past weekend in my 2015 double cab, off road, manual transmission. I was towing a 5x8 uHaul that was completely filled with boxes and also filled my bed with misc items. The trip went fine and I was actually proud of how well the truck was tackling the elevation change in the CT area, the manual trans definitely helped.

Anyway, our new rental in NH is a on rather steep hill. I was parked midway up the hill, put her in 1st, and had to give her a ton of throttle to start moving. That was when a bit of white smoke started to appear from the hood. Made it up, unloaded, and returned the trailer with no issues. Probably have traveled 35-50 miles since the incident.

Anyone know what happened there? I'm assuming just some strain on the trans, but I don't want to just assume. Had the oil changed a few weeks before the trip, but I'm going to change it again; should I also change the trans fluid? Should I bring her in to just get a checkup?

v/r

2. May 8, 2018 at 7:24 PM
    azreb

azreb Geezer

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    '20 SR5 crew cab; gray
    camper shell, front camera, floor mats, cheap bed mat, dash camera, catalytic converter cover, fumoto
    Burnt clutch?

Lt. Dangle likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top