1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

White Tanks Park and 4x4- information

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Buckoma, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    Buckoma

Buckoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4x4
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]This is for anyone interested in preserving some 4x4 in an area that has many popular trails that people having been crawling for decades. This is just north of Watson Road in the south White Tank Mountains. This area is soon to become a Buckeye city park.

Buckeye has been working with the Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition’s (AZOHVC) Virtual Jeep Club to determine if there are ways to allow rock crawling in the park. As part of their lease agreement with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), any type of off-highway vehicle activity is not allowed.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]In order to allow that type of activity, an environmental assessment would need to be conducted to determine what, if any, negative impacts would occur from rock crawling on the environmental and cultural resources. The study would detail the trails and miles that would be open to the rock crawlers, the anticipated number of users, etc. The study would need to be approved by BLM and the City.

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Robert Wisener, Buckeye's Conservation and Project Manager was working with Chris Radoccia from the AZOHVC on an agreement between the City of Buckeye and the AZOHVC, that if the AZOHVC funded the study, which was done by a reputable firm, and the study concluded there would be no significant negative impact, then the City would not deny this use; however it’s important to note that BLM has the final say.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I would encourage ANYONE who supports 4x4 recreation and access to reach out to Chris Radoccia to see if there is anything you can do to assist. Wouldn't it be a unique and a true destination mountain park, something that truly sets it apart from all the others, if it were to include some of those cool trails some of us have been running for years? The Jeepers have stepped up... I believe the Toyota crew can pitch in as well, in some way.

Also, the next cleanup for the park area is scheduled for Saturday, March 8[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]th[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]. [/FONT][/FONT]

2. Jan 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    BattleStatic

BattleStatic Gluten Free

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Goodyear
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O.R. 4x4
    OME 885's w/Nitro Chargers and Dakar rear leafs ATX AX199 Mohave I I (0 offset, 4.5" bs) BFG KM2 285 75 16 Avid Sliders w/ kickoffs Pelfreybilt rack w/ Tepui RTT Katzkin front and rear Sunroof
    Sub'd

I go out to this area quite a bit as it's close to the house. This area really needs to be cleaned up due to everyone going out shooting and not cleaning up after themselves. There is definitely a bigger environmental impact from this than there is from 4x4 crawling.

3. Jan 29, 2014 at 11:47 AM
    Buckoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4x4
    The flyer for the clean-up is out. I know a lot of off-road rigs will be there to help and demonstrate the off-road community's support for continued 4x4 recreational use. It's my drill weekend so it bums me out that I can't make it. Hopefully word gets out and more 4-wheelers can make a good show of support. I know two other 4x4 groups will have some representation out there... some TW support as well would be awesome.

----

Calling all VOLUNTEERS!!!!!

The City of Buckeye is hosting the 2nd community cleanup for the area north of I-10 on Watson Road on Saturday, March 8th beginning at 7am to noon. Volunteers will check-in at the intersection of Watson/McDowell road about 1 ½ miles north of I-10 on Watson Road and are asked to park along the Watson Road right-of-way near the McDowell road intersection.

In December 2013, 200 volunteers picked up 37,120 pounds of trash just south of the future entrance to Skyline Park. We’d like to beat and exceed both the number of volunteers and the amount collected at this second cleanup. Invite your neighbors…tell your friends!

We hope we can count on you and your organizations to participate in the cleanup. We ask volunteers to bring their own gloves, shovels and rakes; however some will be available for volunteers to use. The City will have water and snacks for volunteers. If you or your organization plan on attending, please email me back with the number of anticipated volunteers from your organization.

Looking forward to seeing you on March 8th. Let’s make a difference to return this land to pristine desert!

Regards,

Bob
    [FONT=&quot]Robert J. Wisener[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conservation & Project Manager[/FONT]

4. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Added the cleanup date to upcoming meet thread. Unfortunatly it conflicts with the Rug Road trip, but this is a very worthy cause!

5. Feb 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM
    Buckoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top