1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whiteclouds Build and BS Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Whitecloud, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2015 at 3:17 PM
    2012Taco

2012Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB TRD
    OME 886's & Dakar's & LR UCA's, LT265/75 Duratrac's on Countersteer Offroads, 100RCC, ARB 50 fridge/freezer, ARB bullbar w/ Warn 9.5xps, dual battery setup, on board air and water, PrInSu topper rack carrying the gear and more to come!
  2. Oct 14, 2015 at 5:10 PM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Just wanted to say thanks for the info sorry I never got back! I like the idea of redundancy so i may add that to mine.
    What's next for you? Working on anything new, or are you taking a break.

3. Oct 14, 2015 at 8:35 PM
    Whitecloud

Whitecloud [OP] Cloudy-fabricator of things

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    Hey buddy.

Well a bit of a break from things from just a bit. My wife is in school and her schedule is crazy and while she is at school I have the kiddo's and am also picking up some OT shifts at work at the range since she had to drop hours at work.

But for the truck...........I'm hoping :fingerscrossed: to get a BAMF IFS skid, pull the mechanical fan, flush the system, new radiator and a dual electric fan wired so that one will be for the thermostat and the second wired into the truck for the controls.

Also after the last camping trip after we got back from Moab, I went to fill the water tank and it started to overflow out the bottom right away. I looked and I guess the way my exhaust is cut after the muffler points right at it and has melted the tank.................:bananadead: So now I also get to pull the bed and get a new tank in as well as redo the exhaust. And then while I'm under there I need to sort out some compressor issues and issues with the way the whole system is currently mounted. And to top off all that............................I was given some LR UCA's that I need to get on there.

But....... @ERMB are you still wanting a roof rack? I forgot. I have a buddy that is gonna let me mock up some stuff on his truck so we can get it fit.

4. Oct 15, 2015 at 4:45 AM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Well, I know you like lists so I guess it's time for you to start another one:D That's too bad about the water tank maybe a heat shield could be made to protect the tank and not have to mess with the exhaust too much. It also sounds like you would benefit from a bed that opens like a dump truck so you can access all the stuff you've got underneath it easier. I'm only kinda kidding on that one.:anonymous: In all it sounds like you've got a full plate and I have no idea how you find the time to do all this. I've found that if I work in more than 30min intervals on the truck my wife gets pissed, at the end of the day if I had a garage id probably be out there all night too working on the truck just because I could!
    As far as the roof rack I'd love to do one, but I don't want to add to your mountain of things to do, but if you do work on one for the other guy, then yes I'm interested. Are you still interested in a painting?

5. Oct 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.

Awesome idea ^^^^ Yeah I still want to get you a roof rack. And hell yeah I still want one of your awesome paintings. Yeah I'm gonna try to make a heat shield and also put a downturn tip on the exhaust so that it won't happen again. So we will have to see what happens.

6. Oct 17, 2015 at 3:31 AM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Sounds good to me! I like to see all the crazy amount of stuff you do to your truck so I'll get my :popcorn: ready! All I'd need from you is your choice of photos to work from. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see in the painting and I'll make it happen!

Whitecloud[OP] likes this.
  7. Oct 18, 2015 at 12:46 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Thanks. I'll try to find you a photo that you can work form. And I should be able to get some drawings for the rack drawn up soon. What do you want on your rack?

8. Oct 18, 2015 at 5:52 AM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Thanks man this sounds great! I really like how your rack fits to the roof line. I know that you had yours set up to hold the solar panels. I think I'd use it more as a traditional roof rack, so maybe one or two more cross members would suit me.
    As far as photos whenever you're ready. I can also take things from different photos and add them into the painting if there are things you like from multiple places.

9. Oct 24, 2015 at 12:53 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    So I can definitely add a couple more cross bars. Would you want a second bar along the top with a couple of uprights to form a bit of a basket for gear?

Kinda like this but all the way around. And then are you wanting any mounts of any kind for lights/jacks/anything else?
    [​IMG]

Yeah with the painting.....I'm trying to find a picture that the wife and I both like for you.

10. Oct 24, 2015 at 4:23 AM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    That does look good, but I think I still prefer how yours looks, mostly because of how low profile it is. I think the additional cross members would do it for me. Same with the mounts, I'll pass on those too, Sorry if it sounds boring. I don't really have a need for more lights at this point. I sometimes carry long items like lumber and ladders so i need to keep things relatively clear for that.
    As for the painting, take your time and pick something that works for everyone. Don't forget I can also work things into an image from different photos as well depending on how it's taken.
    Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated!

11. Oct 25, 2015 at 1:18 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Sounds good to me. It makes it a little easier that way so that I can keep it all in one level and nothing higher. It will look nice and clean for sure. I'll try to get some tie down points in there too. Best part is...........I have the material here already and hopefully should have some time to start it soon. :thumbsup:

ERMB[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jan 17, 2016 at 5:10 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Dude! Your new signature is awesome!

13. Feb 4, 2016 at 5:44 PM
    crabslayer

crabslayer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Bend, Or
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tacoma SR5 DCLB
  14. Mar 20, 2016 at 1:25 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Well some good stuff has happened....like me paying the bitch off :woot:

And then some shitty stuff has happened.........like rolling over 100K.......oh yeah and then this.....
    And this one I just found out about today......

15. Mar 20, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Ouch, how long ago was that first issue, LCA failure? And are the the two incidents related by any chance?

16. Mar 20, 2016 at 5:46 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    UCA actually. Had o the SPC arms about a week and the nut backed off the bolt, hit a bit of a bump backing out the bolt and twisting the UCA around. Also pinched the hose on the ICON's, so had to send that out to get fixed. That was all on the passenger side. The coil happened either yesterday or the day b4. But that happened on the drivers side.

17. Mar 20, 2016 at 7:11 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    No good buddy, congrats on paying it off though! :cheers:

18. Mar 20, 2016 at 9:48 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Thanks buddy. Just figures that it is all mine and now everything starts breaking. But at least this way I can upgrade the springs. Current ones are the originals when I first got them 8-9 years ago. Plus that way when I sell them for the proper ones for the +2 kit later down the road they will be good to go.

dakotasyota[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Mar 25, 2016 at 1:50 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Coils came in yesterday. Now to just find time in the crazy day to install them.

dakotasyota, Gramps and ERMB like this.
  20. Mar 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Hopefully going to be tearing into the truck today pulling off the shocks, then renting the coil spring compressor tonight and doing them tonight and tomorrow then throw them back on tomorrow after my docs appt.

ramonortiz55 and ERMB like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top