1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whiteclouds Build and BS Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Whitecloud, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Oct 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    pfft airhammer ftw :p however im sure its not that easy :p

im going to see if he can express ship em so i can put em on next week

2. Oct 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    Whitecloud

Whitecloud [OP] Cloudy-fabricator of things

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    There are four solid rivet's per side that I had to cut off and then drill out the rivet. Although I'm sure that if you cut off the head of the rivet and air hammer it out it will work the same. I just wanted to keep mine in one piece so that I could put them back on if I ever wanted to. Then all you have to get is the hardware for them.

3. Jan 14, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    Updated OP and made Sig Pic link to build.

4. Jan 14, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Finally!! lol :p

5. Jan 14, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Hey hey hey I'm not as tech savvy as the rest of you fools.

6. Jan 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    lol lies!!!!

7. Jan 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Hahaha not really. I been pretty lazy about the update. I take that back very lazy. But I need to get some new pics up also. Gonna be going up in the next couple of days.

8. Jan 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Some updates.

Flexing after the shackle flip.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full Droop
    [​IMG]

Drove it to work yesterday at court and it was a little snowy and icy.
    [​IMG]

Mine might be a little taller:cool::D
    [​IMG]

And my resi is leaking now, and I'm out of warranty.....:(:mad:
    [​IMG]

9. Jan 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP

In your opinion is the ato shack flip worth doing??

10. Jan 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    The shackle flips are great I think. It has changed the ride quality and offers better performance. They are a bit of a pain to install due to the rivets but overall are great.

11. Jan 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Before the shocks and flip.
    [​IMG]

And after the shocks and flip
    [​IMG]

Tires are the same size just obviously different manufacturer.

12. Jan 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    with the shackle flip did you have get longer shock or no.

13. Jan 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Between the two pics above I already needed to get longer ones. Currently I am running 3" over stock. After I put these in I did flex it out in the garage without the shocks attached and the wheels off and I could probably use another 2 inches at least. The droop was actually limited by the brake lines.

So in short, yes I should probably get longer ones but I'm planning on a shock relocation similar to sytfu510's.

14. Jan 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    nice. should look good.

15. Jan 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Quoted for future reference.

Oh and Manwithoutaplan This is similar to my plan for the rear. But that is a little bit away.

16. Jan 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    should look really good you might be able to flex out more since you have the shackle flip.

But you might be limited with your brake lines.

17. Jan 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    That's the plan. Won't be happening before Moab this year because of some other money eating projects. But it will probably happen later in the summer. I might just have Jerry build me some of the towers since I can't keep the truck apart that long to measure and fab them up. And I sure that Jerry keeps track of all that stuff.

18. Jan 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    nice you are doing the Moab trip. My goal is to get their eventually get their. But i want to be all hook up before i attempt all those crazy trails. Almost their :D.

19. Jan 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    Whitecloud

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    Last year there was a few trucks that didn't have any mods and a few that didn't even have sliders. There are plenty of trails that cover the range of all ability and skill levels. You would be fine. Come on out this year!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moab/243311-2013-t-co-gathering-official-thread.html

20. Jan 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    I will have to see on work schedule and money. But that would be freakin fun.

Products Discussed in

To Top