1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who doesn't plan on mods?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bubbagumps, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    If you get sliders, don't forget the lift. If you get the lift, don't forget the wheels and tires. If you get wheels and tires, don't forget the locker. If you get the locker....

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    I laughed when I read the title. Lol

3. Apr 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I can tell a big difference from my age now, compared to when I was young. There is a big difference on what is important. When I was young & did not have a house payment, a kid, & all the bills, I was more willing to spend lots of $$$ on my vehicle. Now that I'm older, other things are more important than modding my vehicle. But nice wheels have always been important to me & probably always will be. Gives it that sporty look without breaking the bank.
    [​IMG]

4. Apr 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    dad32509

dad32509 Thinking of something clever

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    5100's front and back, OME 885x's, LR UCA's, OMD rear springs, Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD, HVAC Green led's MOD, Blacked out bumper, Plastidip emblems, custom front tube bumper, 32" combo led bar, rigid duallys, otrattw switches, my own Satoshi grille, shorty antenna, Spyder LED halo headlights. csjumper2003 map/dome, 3rd brake, DTRL white/amber and parking LED's. Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Cab mount chop, sliders and rear light bar w/blitzpro 5LR dust light. Uniden CB, Magnaflow 18" exhaust, Rear tire carrier, sway bar removed, spidertrax 1.25" spacers, Wheelers 16" Alloys w/265/75r16 Goodyear DuraTracs
    Shit my buddy wont do anything to his. I offered to make him a satoshi like mine for free. Nope. Dude lets black out your emblems! Nope. You think you wanna lift that thing? Nope. Your not alone on this one op

5. Apr 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    All are welcome here, major modders or rollin it stock. Stick around!

6. Apr 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    dza1284

dza1284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 OR Short Bed Dbl Cab
    Bilstein 5100, 2" AAL, Grille, BHLM, Footwell LED, Dash LED, Aero exhaust
    I fell into the trap as well. When I bought it I thought I might tint the windows and get bigger tires sometime down the road. Next thing I know I am tearing my dash apart to solder tiny LED's just to make my lights blue! I pretty much knocked off all the cheap little mods. I was just looking into spending a little over a grand on some audio upgrades. I spent $2,000 on an entire new system. Also just bought new wheels and tires that I spent about $800 more than I was planning before I starting looking around this site.

7. Apr 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
    Think about it this way though... you're on a site full of Taco owners who love their trucks and love to show off what they've done.. (and rightfully so) It's going to seem like almost everyone but you has theirs modded out... because they're the ones showing the pics and chatting about it all. I'm sure there's LOTS of people who haven't done anything, or very little to their truck and love it the way it is. - but of course they don't make the majority of posts around here. So the perception on here is that *everyone* mods the hell outta their taco! (well it is for me :D)

8. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    fjrmurph

fjrmurph Well-Known Member

Member:
    Its a disease, its an infectious, contagious DISEASE
    I was happy with my truck untill i logged on here, now i want, want, want. Is there any cure for this, should i go see a phychiatrist or my GP

9. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    Twistedfreedom

Twistedfreedom welcome to the incredibuild

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    It's horrible I've only had my for 7 months.... and it's not even close to where i want it to be.

10. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    rkaui14

rkaui14 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM PreRunner SR5
    Westin Platinum Oval Steps 21-2775, Undercover Classic, Tacoma sill protectors
    When we decided to pick up our ʻ12, the plan was always to get a hard tonneau and steps for the kids to be able to get in on their own. Wet Okoles were mandatory because of the kids, and tint is always a must. Besides those things, the only mods Iʻve done are the tailgate clamp (cheap security before the Undercover was put on), and LED lights for the map and dome. Oh, and the stock steelies are getting swapped soon for the TRD OR rims (free from a friend:D).

11. Apr 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    sonocotaco

sonocotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ken
    Rohnert Park
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport AC 4x4 Super White
    No lift in the future for me. I just like having a truck and it's tuned for street driving. So far: Hellwig rear sway bar, bedmat, Rocky bike mount. OEM bed extender. TRD wheels will stay. Possible future mods: OEM roof rack, some type of side steps(I'm thinking about bolt on sliders or OEM tube steps if I can find them), and aftermarket 4-leaf springs for better load capacity and towing. I have nothing to tow now but that may change way down the road. Any suggestions on these springs? I would like to keep the nice smooth ride but have better quality springs.

12. Apr 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM
    CrewCab

CrewCab Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC Prerunner SR5 Nautical Blue
    16x8 Moto Metal 951, 265/70/16 BFG Rugged Terrain T/A's,Chrome door handles, Toyota door sill protectors, 13" antenna
    Yeah, I know right! Ok so maybe just a few things.

13. Apr 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    Ga tacoguy

Ga tacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Augusta Ga.
    Vehicle:
    Extended cab Base model 4 cyl
    Tailgate mod, horn mod,storage door mod
    :eek: No Mods, just stock. I will do the cheap or free mods though. The tailgate fix and the horn fix and the locks on the storage compartments. I might even buy the stock tires when I replace them.....:eek: Even the stock radio is nice.

14. Apr 4, 2012 at 4:38 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Didnt plan on any. This site is at fault

15. Apr 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    A little while ago I used to have a 02 4runner before my dad switched me out with his 04 Tacoma, and I was so excited, and I found TacomaWorld and had to do all kinds of stuff!

Then of course I found T4R and wanted my 4runner back, and now I constantly switch my madness back and forth, wanting to mod my Tacoma then wanting to mod the 4runner I no longer have, so yes the sites have some influence:)

Of course thus far I have only put in an ammo box platform, a seat mounted knife, car seats, and some decals, none of which being "real" mods, but I am in college so other things come first for now.

16. Apr 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    DanglingFury

DanglingFury Creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Bowling Green, KY/Lake Cumberland, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4Runner 4x4
    Daystar 2.5"/1" lift-level BFGoodrich KO2's
    I'm holding off on mods so I can trade up for a 2ng gen... Well, that's the plan right now, anyway.

17. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    wado66

wado66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Man, this place is a disease......
    I had absolutly no thought of doing any kind of mods when I bought my truck last weekend. I thought, "man that truck looks sharp." But after looking at everyones trucks with the different mods, now I'm thinking "I got to have that mod. Mine looks a little plain now."
    I just want to thank everyone for putting these evil thoughts in my head. Yall are the kids my mom wouldn't let me play with because yall set bad examples. Plus now I get to hear my wife say, "You want what? It's HOW much? And can't you get by without it?"

18. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    ryansummit

ryansummit Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    POWERLESS '08 v6 4x4 access cab
    smoke tails, safety rack, coffee stains, caulk, paint, tar, sawdust, foul odor
    i ended up here tryin to turn the seatbelt buzzer off
    then i saw how easy it was to black out the emblems
    now im salivating over every tiny little nugget of mod
    like a squirrel,with a can of plastidip,looking for something,anything grey
    psssst..tehee....ppsssssss.....heheeheee

i see ModsAnonymous forming soon to help us out
    maybe long term inpatient help where they lock you in stock k cars and olds cutlass sierras all day listening through fm transmitters,everything chrome and mismatched plastic and fake leather colors, maglights rolling around the floor, and untinted windows so everyone can watch you

19. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I have not done a whole lot of mods to my truck. Just a few functional things that I wanted. Probably won't be doing to many more, money being mostly the factor. But this site is alot more than mods, all the things you learn how to do yourself is another great benefit to being on here. I'm talking about general maintenance..... There is alot of people on here that just like the Tacoma as is, and that is ok. Thats why it says Tacoma owners & enthusiasts at the top. Things with the mods is, you see shit you like, and you want it. Mod bug..

20. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    Cmurder

Cmurder 2011 TX TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    B.C.
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Offroad
    nothing cool
    didn't really plan on any mods. i've done the extra d-rings, tailgate hose clamps, debadged the side emblems, rear leaf TSB done, weathertech floor mats, window tint, bed tuffy box, and toolbox. Most of you will read that and say "those aren't really mods". And, I agree totally. But, the only reason I did any of them is because of the TW forum. Not planning on any lifts or kits... for now:D

Products Discussed in

To Top