1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has a 6" lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cbcs1987, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Jun 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    I just put the 5100s at 2.5" and 265s on my truck and its just not enough lift for me. Once the tires run out I'm looking into getting a 6" lift and running 35s. Those of you with a 6" lift what kind do you have and what pros/cons are there from your personal experience? Also curious about how it handles when offroad? I dont do anything hardcore...just mild/moderate trails. Was there a lot of trimming required for 35s?

Feel free to post pictures of your rigs? Thanks for the help in advance....

2. Jun 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    Incognito

Incognito μολὼν λαβέ

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    See Build thread
    I'm sure Toku can help you out. ;)

3. Jun 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by once time runs out?

If it's your warranty you are worried about? Check out the Magnusson Moss Act:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

I currently have the Fabtech 6" lift. inorder to fit 35" tires without rubbing you will need to trim back your Cab mounts.

Your 2 main choices for 6" lift at this time is Fabtech and ProComp. There is also RCD and Tuff Country.

Fabtech:
    http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/applications/toyota/24wd95-056lug.html

Procomp:
    http://www.explorerprocomp.com/downloads/catalog/2008/2008_catalog_toyota_tacoma.pdf

Tuff Country:
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/56900-tacoma-lift-kit.html

RCD:

http://www.racecardynamics.com/prod...ta/tacoma 10-47405/specsheet/tacoma5spec.html

**Tuff Country and RCD are "knock offs" of the Procomp kit.**

-Fabtech is built the strongest of both of the 2 kits. (Fabtech & Procomp)
    It's a more asethetically/ visually pleasing design, because there cross member has an arch.
    Fabtech spindles are built thicker and stronger than the Procomp.

Procomp is a good kit also. It's advantage IMHO, is that they maintain the stock orientation better than Fabtech. They actually drop your Differential a bit lower than the Fabtech. (This gives you a better CV angle)
    They Don't for some reason have built in steering stops? (Seems to have been an after taught?)

Both kits on the 4WD require you to cut your cross member. (Procomp on a 2WD there is no need to cut)

Take a look at all the links I posted and make up your own mind. All lifts have their advantages and disadvantages.

Good Luck!

4. Jun 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Thanks for the help. I meant once my tires run out not time. I'll look into the all, but have heard a lot of good things about fabtech. How is the cv angle on yours?

5. Jun 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
  6. Jun 29, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    05TRD4WD

05TRD4WD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OFFROAD 4X4
    ; 17 x 9 xd revolvers wrapped in 295/70-R17, volant cold air intake, Gibson exhaust, BHLM, Yellow fog covers, access rollup tonneau, kenwood dnx-9960, all jl audio, jl stealth box, 900/5 amp, Fab Tech 6" lift
    awesome vids

7. Jun 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    hey toku, i have the 6" fabtech with 33x12x16. at full stuff i do allright after trimming the fender but i noticed the cab mount is always going to hinder me if i am turning the tires while going over an obstacle. so my question is... as long as i trim the mount that comes out from the frame on the outside edge of where the cab actually mounts on i wont be hurting the structural integrity? i noticed that after the cab mounts all the metal seems to be just excess.

edit: did you trim yours? and do you have a couple pics?

To Top