1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has a Dakar (8) leaf spring pack???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Eesh, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Eesh

Eesh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Regina, Sask., Canada
    Vehicle:
    trd Sport
    Just looking to see who has a Dakar (8) Leaf pack on their truck so I can ask some questions.

If I added a Dakar leaf pack. (they say it adds about 2.5 inches) and put front coilovers on and set them at 2.5 inches, would that mean it would stay about the same stock rake just 2.5 inches higher???? I don't know the theory behind lifts.

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  3. Feb 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Eesh

Member:
    Regina, Sask., Canada
    Vehicle:
    trd Sport
    This kind of confused me a little more. lol.

My current set up from the middle of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare is

21.5 in the rear
    20 in the front

So now I'm left with 3 Questions.......

1) If I get a Dakar Leaf pack with 2.75 inches of lift what would I have to set my front coilovers at so the rear would still be 1.5 inches higher??

2) I currently have the tsb leaf springs does anyone know how much lift they give?

3) Also how much do the factory front shocks give?

4. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Eesh ,

somewhat confusing yes , but here's what I have figured out about this issue ;

2) most on this site have reported an increase of 1" over stock height when getting the leaf spring TSB done , some say less , but they will settle to approx 3/4" over non-TSB 'stock'

1) with the above in mind , the Dakar pack would lift you approx 2" above where you are now , so if you are happy with your current rake , you would need the front to go up the same 2" - 2 1/2" to retain your existing rake

3) don't really understand this question

My stock suspension 2009 Canadian ( TSB , 4 leaf pack ) Doublecab longbox Sport ,currently sits at 22" middle of hub to bottom of fender in the rear , and 20 1/2 " in the front .

This Dakar question was preventing me from deciding on my lift choice as well , so I also asked members for their ride heights with the Dakars installed here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...kar-leaf-springs-actual-lift-measurement.html

Another option is to remove the third leaf from the Dakars which decreases the lift of the rear by 3/4" .

Hope this helps ,

OZ

5. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    Eesh

Member:
    Regina, Sask., Canada
    Vehicle:
    trd Sport
    I've been hearing that the Dakar leaf pack is 2.5 - 2.75

6. Feb 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Eesh ,

the Dakar pack is rated to give 2.5"-2.75" of lift above stock . If the TSB springs have already lifted you 3/4 " above 'stock' replacing them with Dakars would result in an increase of approx 2" above your current height . Most of the guys responding to my 2nd thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...kar-leaf-springs-actual-lift-measurement.html were reporting 24 " from centre of hub to bottom of fender which is 2" above my rear measurement and 2 1/2 " above the measurement you gave for your truck .

OZ

Products Discussed in

To Top