1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has aftermarket seats???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by lotsoftoys, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Aug 5, 2017 at 6:13 AM
    MagicMexican

MagicMexican Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alejandro
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma Xcab TRD 4WD 5-Spd
    Aftermarket Wheels
    Funny you should mention, I have 4runner seats in mine, now. They are not bad, but the reason I got them is because I found them on Craigslist for $20 and my stockers were completely shot. The back headrests were worn to where you could feel the metal underneath, and my passenger side was really wonky and dint fold up right.

That's the spirit! I know they'll be worth every penny, I just need to fix a couple of nagging mechanical issues first.

1997tacomav6[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Aug 5, 2017 at 9:29 AM
    HumboldtStorm

HumboldtStorm Member

Member:
    Monterey Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner
    Recaro Trophy seats installed in my 2004 Double Cab. Search Wedge Seat Brackets. They will have been 100% spot-on with their build quality and fitment.

20170805_092048.jpg

3. Aug 5, 2017 at 1:41 PM
    fiziks

fiziks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    El Paso TX
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Prerunner 4x4 5pd Conversion
    5 sp 4x4 conversion, OME lift, SCS F5s
    Which brackets did you get? The ones with or without the sliding mechanism?

4. Aug 5, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    HumboldtStorm

HumboldtStorm Member

Member:
    Monterey Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    I bought the sliding brackets. They are Recaro brand sliders.

Dalandser likes this.
  5. Aug 5, 2017 at 9:35 PM
    Dalandser

Dalandser ¡Me Gustan Las Tacos-mas!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Regular Cab / 98 4x4 Extra Cab
    Empty Wallet Mod
    So you make sure to order the wedge brackets after you have the seats (or know which ones you're buying)?

6. Aug 6, 2017 at 9:10 AM
    HumboldtStorm

HumboldtStorm Member

Member:
    Monterey Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Most definitely. Wedge will ask you what kind of seats they are building the brackets-sliders for.

7. Aug 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM
    1997tacomav6

1997tacomav6 V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger,Haltech,meth, 750k

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    97 reg cab, v6 5sp 300hp supercharged, Methonal Injection, 750,001 plus miles, Original Owner
    V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger, 1.9” pulley, methanol injected Haltech ECU, AC TRD supercharger,(MUST DO) TRD supercharger ported, every 125,000- 150,000 needs rebuild Projector headlights HID 5 speed manual Amsoil for all drive train Smaller 2” pulley, (MUST DO) 2004 DESNO fuel injectors, zero ping ping, 2004 side door mirrors Dick Cepek Rims, Michelin tires LTX, ( that last 100,000 miles) Now running Dynopro ATM mud and snow tires KN cold air intake Cat back exhaust with ss exhaust tip, Raised exhaust tail pipe to 2" below body line Optima*dry cell battery,red top Alpine sirius radio, 200 watt amp, focal is165 split door pod speakers Focal door speakers Subwoffer behind seat Viper alarm, Electric Locks Dark tinted windows, bucket seats corbeau lg1 Tacoma Rubber floor mats TRD fender extenders, Bilstien shocks, King shocks nerf bars, add a leaf for rear springs trailer iv hitch, electric brake control, Drilled slotted brakes, High carbon steel (MUST DO) EBS green stuff 7000 series pads(MUST DO) TRD engine oil cap TRD stick shift, Marlin crawl shift kit. Rear sliding window 2002 4Runner functional hood scoop cut into Tacoma hood, 4Runner dual overhead map light Gentex Auto dim + Compass + Temp, garage,rearview mirror Snow Methonal kit stage 2 Custom 3 core aluminum radiator Linex bed liner Haltech stand alone ECU, Intake supercharger gauge. Stainless steel brake lines, Custom leather wrapped steering wheel,
    I had the 4 runner seats I put in my truck years ago, they just got worn out. They worked fine but no comparison to the corbeau seats. The fabric is not as durable as the 4 runner seats though. The new seats make the truck have that NEW car smell now,
    Those old seats just have that old seat smell.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    MagicMexican[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Oct 25, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    Willis_-8

Willis_-8 Monkey With a Cold One

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Vehicle:
    1998 White Tacoma TRD
    I know this is late to the party.. But do you think the "wide" versions would fit? I am right around the same size with a couple extra pounds. I wouldn't want to get seats that are too wide and do not fit inside the cab

9. Oct 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    1997tacomav6

1997tacomav6 V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger,Haltech,meth, 750k

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    97 reg cab, v6 5sp 300hp supercharged, Methonal Injection, 750,001 plus miles, Original Owner
    V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger, 1.9” pulley, methanol injected Haltech ECU, AC TRD supercharger,(MUST DO) TRD supercharger ported, every 125,000- 150,000 needs rebuild Projector headlights HID 5 speed manual Amsoil for all drive train Smaller 2” pulley, (MUST DO) 2004 DESNO fuel injectors, zero ping ping, 2004 side door mirrors Dick Cepek Rims, Michelin tires LTX, ( that last 100,000 miles) Now running Dynopro ATM mud and snow tires KN cold air intake Cat back exhaust with ss exhaust tip, Raised exhaust tail pipe to 2" below body line Optima*dry cell battery,red top Alpine sirius radio, 200 watt amp, focal is165 split door pod speakers Focal door speakers Subwoffer behind seat Viper alarm, Electric Locks Dark tinted windows, bucket seats corbeau lg1 Tacoma Rubber floor mats TRD fender extenders, Bilstien shocks, King shocks nerf bars, add a leaf for rear springs trailer iv hitch, electric brake control, Drilled slotted brakes, High carbon steel (MUST DO) EBS green stuff 7000 series pads(MUST DO) TRD engine oil cap TRD stick shift, Marlin crawl shift kit. Rear sliding window 2002 4Runner functional hood scoop cut into Tacoma hood, 4Runner dual overhead map light Gentex Auto dim + Compass + Temp, garage,rearview mirror Snow Methonal kit stage 2 Custom 3 core aluminum radiator Linex bed liner Haltech stand alone ECU, Intake supercharger gauge. Stainless steel brake lines, Custom leather wrapped steering wheel,
    If they do it would be very very tight fit and might hit the console, the regular seats do not
    touch the center console

10. Oct 25, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    Willis_-8

Willis_-8 Monkey With a Cold One

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Vehicle:
    1998 White Tacoma TRD
    My truck doesn't even have a console, it has the "bench and a half seats", so as long as the clear on the outer sides I should be good? it would be really nice if my door didn't shut. Really just give it that POS flair y'know?:D

11. Oct 26, 2017 at 7:53 PM
    sologeek

sologeek Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was just wondering what you finally decided to go with. What seats and brackets?

12. May 1, 2018 at 5:47 AM
    beemerphile

beemerphile Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Danielsville, GA
    Vehicle:
    04 Standard I4 Man
    I just installed some PRP seats in my Gen 1 using their Tacoma mounts and sliders. I am finally satisfied with the install, but it was troublesome because the Tacoma mounts are rather poor. The two outer factory holes on each side align well. The unused (on a bench seat) inside front hole was uncovered from the carpet and fit OK. The mount was high at the place for the undrilled inside rear hole so I had to shim the inside quite a bit with large washers to get a solid mound. Once installed, the seat was too far reclined and in my standard cab, the tilt caused me to have to run them too far forward for my 6'-2" frame. I ended up adding a 2-1/4" link between the rear seat mounts and the rear slider mounts to get the recline right (less recline) which allowed the seat to move back enough for legroom. Now all is perfect and I am quite happy with the seat comfort. I got the extra wide model because the standard width is way narrow and confining. If you splay your legs when you drive, they will be pressed against the side bolsters in a hurry, forcing you to sit more with legs straight ahead. There is nothing "wide" about the wide seats. I consider them "normal" with the standard ones being "narrow". You cannot order tall + wide, but for my height, the standard height fits well. Two wide seats do not allow room for a center console (which I do not have anyway).

A few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Maximilian likes this.
  13. May 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM
    tony2018

tony2018 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes but you still need to align the seat or else you'll be off when driving your truck. If its too wide it'll probably make closing the door hard

14. May 17, 2018 at 6:55 AM
    Maximilian

Maximilian Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica TRD Sport 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top