1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has the Worst job!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by REVHARD25, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Feb 8, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    SBlue

SBlue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alma
    San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara
    Haha that's great. I'd rather buy stuff for the truck too. No blood diamonds!

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I cleaned horse stalls for 2.5 years in high school, but the worst job i've ever had was being a bus boy at a family mexican restaurant. They treated us non family members so bad they went through 3 other bus boys in the 6 months I worked there lol.

3. Feb 8, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    the worst job i ever had was a temporary assignment in a mayonnaise factory. my job in the assembly line was unfolding boxes for the mayonnaise to go in. i worked right night to the 200 gallon vats of mayonnaise being made.

i stunk BAD when i got home after a day of working there.

4. Feb 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Not many women will tell you they are high maintenance. Most will say they are not. You usually find out along the way.

Here's a better way. Take her to a Tacoma event and show her all the trucks. If she says, "I'm bored." Get rid of her. If she says, "You should do that to your truck." Marry her on the spot.

5. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    peace42o

peace42o Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    burt
    utah
    Vehicle:
    07 toyota tacoma trd 4x4
    5% tinted windows, powder-coated wheels, Duratrac 265/65/r16, 2' lift w/1AAL, superspring shackel overload spring for towing, shorty antenna, block heater, Trd supercharger, Trd exhaust w/magnaflow muffler, black grill, 4 PIAA atx offroad lights, step sides, brake controller, n-fab light bar,
    I would marry her on the sPot that's awesome especially if she said I did that to my Tacoma and you should also then she's a winner for sure

6. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    before my current job i painted ground water tanks, the worst part about the job other than weather was being away from family for 2 weeks at a time.

7. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    I have the best and worst job. I get to climb cell towers and do maintenance on the antennas/ electrical equip/ wires/ and change the light bulbs.

Awesome in the summer. Sucks balls in the winter. Most of the towers are on top of mountains. Fun getting up there in the snow, but it sucks climbing ice covered towers with 50-60 mph winds.

8. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    ive only climbed one tower in my life, 1000 feet... never will i do it again haha

9. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    IrishAmerican

IrishAmerican Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SR5 4x4
    Lift, XD wheels, Tinted, K&N, 285 Cooper STTs
    I am on call 24/7, I stay gone from my family at least 25-30 days at a time with maybe 1-2 days off. I work 7-12 hr shifts, mostly nights. My job is to follow drilling rigs around and to log the holes that they drill so they know what type of formation theyre drilling in. I never see my family, I dont have time to keep many friends anymore, but its all I could find and to make sure my kids have food on the table. I guess it could be worse, but this job sucks.:(

10. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    IrishAmerican

IrishAmerican Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SR5 4x4
    Lift, XD wheels, Tinted, K&N, 285 Cooper STTs
    Damn, I guess I win..... that kinda sucks, at least I get to drive my taco around some muddy oilfield roads every day.

11. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    TexMexTaco

TexMexTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OR 4x4 Manual
    I do root canals all day, everyday. Some may think that's the worst, but I think it's the best.

12. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    when i was 16 and 17 i worked in the flooring buisness. i was the bitch boy that did all the hard work. like bringing up pallets and pallets of heavy asss tile to the 7th bloor of buildings. on my hands and knees all days scraping the floors to lay new tile and go home with practically bleeding hands. and worst of all i have 3 disk buldges, scolosis, 1 degenative disk, and degenative disk disease. (this means my back is fucked up) and i think that job took about 5 years out of my back for the 5 months i did it... i dont think its the worst cause i still saw my family every night but still...

13. Feb 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    My previous job was pretty bad, well for me anyway. I did food safety inspections for (a store you probably shopped at in the past week) and various grocery stores all over Tennessee. Had no time for a personal life because I was never at home. I lived in Murfreesboro TN (Pretty cool town although I never got to check it out) I paid rent for an apartment that I was only in for about 9 days a month. In the year I worked for (un-named company) the only new people I met were employees for the stores I had to visit. I'd visit 4-6 stores a day with hours of travel between each one in a company van that sucked to drive. I had 145 or so stores that I had to visit each month. I'm about to puke just thinking about it. Since I quit that job over 4 years ago, I've been in (a store you probably shopped at in the past week) maybe 4 or 5 times. Can't stand the smell nor 80% of the people that shop there.
    Some folks might say they'd like it, but for me, absolutely not.

P.S. I can't stand Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn or any other 60-120 dollar a night hotel. Hampton does have fluffy pillows though.

14. Feb 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    I don't have a job anymore :anonymous:

Just school, and uncle sammy is paying me

For now :D

15. Feb 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Working in a dry cleaners sucks. Puke/pee covered blankets (human and animal), poop filled pants, nasty smelly bloody thongs :puke: , and the bitchiest customers ever.

16. Feb 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    :pray:

Dear Good Lord...

I will never ever complain about my job again.

Never ever.

Until tomorrow.

Signed, your selfish petulant prodigal son.

17. Feb 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    Tractor trailer (class A driver ) no touch freight ( 48 ' flat bed ) . Home every day . Just have to deal with idiots that do not know how to drive . Plus the company I work for is not too smart , but is'nt that the way it always is !

18. Feb 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

Seriously, people send thongs to dry cleaners:confused:

19. Feb 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Not on purpose. They would be hidden in their pants leg or burried in the pile. But always check your pockets before you go. Don't know how many times I found money, bank statments, credit cards, drivers licences, drugs, and other crap. Don't worry though everything but change and trash went back to the owners. The best was when someone gave you the $20 bucks you found in the pocket for being honest.

20. Feb 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    tanzak88

tanzak88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do you get to sit in the awesome geo shacks, too? Sounds more fun than when I was doing oil patch medic work... FML that sucked!!!! 24 hours a day on call for 21 days... Stuff rarely happens, but still.... Cold as balls, nothing to do, boring as hell... buttttttt good money :)

Products Discussed in

To Top