1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has Tonneau covers on their Taco?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by gsm, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Feb 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    snug lid sl color matched, with easy lift and accessory light oh yea its pimpin!

2. Feb 29, 2008 at 4:32 PM
    CNW

CNW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Rockies
    Vehicle:
    4x4, Radiant Red, Chrome Wheels, Tonneau
    Here is my Tonneau. It is a Gaylord x2000. I like it. Color match was perfect. Its a little harder opening than I thought it would be. But I am happy.

Craig

Tonneau.jpg

3. Feb 29, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's sharp. The truck, wheels and cover.

4. Feb 29, 2008 at 6:45 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
  5. Mar 1, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    I'll second that. I have the Access LE and I'm very happy with it.

6. Mar 1, 2008 at 3:02 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Undercover. I didn't know Armor Lid existed until this thread. What kind of prices on them?

[​IMG]

7. Mar 1, 2008 at 4:19 PM
    txtoy

txtoy Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Off Road Double Cab Short Bed
    Has anybody installed the Truxedo tonneau cover? I hear it is like the Access LE except that you don't have to remove the factory rails to install. I would be interested to know how the install was and how weather-proof it is. I want a tonneau cover that is easy to remove and install as I only plan on using it when I am carrying stuff I want to protect from the elements.

8. Mar 1, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    Toycoma06

Toycoma06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Va.
    Vehicle:
    2016 tacoma 4x4 dbl. cab
    20% window tint, emblems removed, aftermarket grill, TRD Pro shift knob,4'' RC lift with BDS 2.0 fox rear shocks, 285x65r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler, 18x9 Monster Energy 540B 0mm offset, ...and more to come
    I have an ARE top on my truck and absolutely love it . The fit and finish, in my opinion , are the best in the industry, hands down. This top bolts in directly to the the bed tie down groves. This feature leaves the bed rail tie downs 100% operational. It seals pretty tight. No rain or moisture gets in. Stays completely dry when washing as well. The are on the high end but well worth the money. Good Luck. Pictures are on my page as I am not saavy enough to know how to post them here. Ha Ha !!

9. Mar 2, 2008 at 6:29 AM
    marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '07 Access Cab SR5 - Black
    Top Dawg Folding Tonneau Cover, DIY Bed Light, Aux. Input for MP3 Player, OEM Bed Mat
    I have a Top Dawg two section folding cover. Click on the thumbnail below for a larger view.

[​IMG]

Read Review here. This is my review and includes a response by the manufacturer.

I put this on in mid-November, 2007 and am very happy with it. It fits the way I use my truck, which includes many small items, some heavy, that have to be loaded and unloaded daily. Provides easy access to both the front and back of the truck bed.

There are more pictures in my gallery, see link in my signature.

10. Mar 7, 2008 at 11:16 AM
    yakker117

yakker117 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Limited - Blue
    I just installed the Torza Hard Top on my 08 Taco. Took about 10 minutes....6 minutes to read the directions and 4 minutes to install. Looks great. It's going to rain tonite and tomorrow so I'll see how water tight it is.

11. Mar 19, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    mmatheny

mmatheny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dickinson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 DCSB Magnetic Gray Metallic
    BakFlip MX4
    Is the RollBak and JackRabbit Full Metal the same product? It has the same specs and looks the same, but the JackRabbit is approx. $200 cheaper!

12. Mar 19, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    You have to remove the rails? :eek:

That makes me SO happy I went for the Undercover!

13. Mar 19, 2008 at 10:02 AM
    mmatheny

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dickinson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    BakFlip MX4
    Does the Undercover disable use of the bed rails? Also, how do you like it? What do you do witth it when you are out and find something you want to carrry that is too tall - can you strap it to the luggage rack on the top?

14. Mar 19, 2008 at 10:26 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    The Undercover's underside hangs a bit below the rails so you need to take the tiedowns off when it's in place. With the cover down and my bed mat there's a little over 17" of clearance. When I had to pick up a boxed set of speakers that was about 3" too tall I ran a strap from the tiedowns over the cover to hold it down. Except for that I haven't had the problem. It only weighs about 50 lbs so if you had to you could tie it to the racks.

I've posted how much I like the cover on other threads. It's easy to use. Goes on and off solo. Doesn't leak a drop. After almost 2 years old it still looks new. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a solid cover.

15. Mar 19, 2008 at 10:28 AM
    yakker117

yakker117 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Limited - Blue
    My Torza Top works great. Heavy rains have not caused any leakage. I installed the PopnLock and the security is good.

16. Mar 19, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    Johnpa

Johnpa Member

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 PreRunner, Roof Racks, Short Bed in Radiant Red
    Extang Tonneu Cover, Nasta Bars, Magnet Bra, BedXTender,
    I have the Extang Trifold. Easy to take on and off and will not interfere with the rail system. The cover comes supplied with rear brackets, but I slip the hold downs into the track and have never had a problem.

Nice and dry.

17. Mar 19, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    mmatheny

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dickinson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    BakFlip MX4
    I was leaning to the RollBak/Jackrabbit Full Metal (BTW, anyone have one of these and can comment on it?), but didn't like how they disabled the rails. Can the rails be moved down? (say buy another set to mount below the ones already in there?) And the Undercover is about 2 bills less than the RollBak! Plus they state it can handle quite a bit of weight (the RollBak is supposed to support 400 lbs.)

18. Mar 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    You only have to remove the rails to put the Access rails behind them. The rails get re-installed and are completely usable. It's not so bad as it seems.

19. Mar 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM
    mmatheny

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dickinson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    BakFlip MX4
    I just did a search, and they are around $499! Seem to be almost identical to the Undercover, including a LED lite - lots of peple complain about the front mounting for the Undercover, and I am trying to find out how the ArmorLid attaches at the front.

20. Mar 19, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    bluetoy

bluetoy Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08' tacoma trd sr5 sport
    michelin rubber floor mats,vent shades,3" tube step bars,tri-fold bed cover
    I got mine on Ebay from domesticpartsacc and I love it. It is a tri-fold and it is very light weight. I can remove it in less than 2 minutes. Very affordable too. $265 and free shipping. Took the Taco through a high pressure touchless car wash and not a drop of water was in the bed. Awesome buy.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top