1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who installs OME in Austin

Discussion in 'Wheeler's Off-Road' started by cycyak1, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    cycyak1

cycyak1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5 4X4
    Hi! I know the system I want, but can't seem to find a shop to do the install. There is nooo way I can do this on my own... I know what I want, but am clueless in the garage. Yes, I am a chic.... Any help would be appreciated. I want the OME 882 up front and new leafs in the rear...

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    aznutx

aznutx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD
    no clue but sub'd for results as i use to live in austin too

3. Jul 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    cycyak1

cycyak1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lori
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5 4X4
    Yeah... I just want it done right... Do ya'll recommend any other lift that is good that could be bought and installed in Austin or surrounding?

4. Jul 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    greenrustic

greenrustic Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    Access LTD Tonneau Cover, Weather Tech Digital Fit Mats, Weather Tech Rain Guards, 35% Tint up Front, AFE Dry Power Intake Filter, Debadged, GrilleCraft, OME 884x, OME 9000 NitroChargers, Icon 3 Leaf Progressive AAL
    I'm a fan of the ome product. Good luck finding a shop to install be careful because some of them don't know what they are doing. I'm glad that I am able to install mine myself. I like the suggestion of having some other members give you a hand.

5. Jan 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    Trowbocop

Trowbocop Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5
    Volant Cold Air Intake, 3" JBA Catback Exhaust, JBA Headers, rock sliders, Kobalt toolbox, bedlined rocker panels, derped grill, rims and emblems, custom rear bumper, OME Nitrocharger Sport Suspension 881s & Dakars +aal, 265-75-16 duratracs, Herculined bed, sleeping platform, protop 100 shell, weathertech digital cut floormats, cb & external speaker, dumped exhaust after axle, sleeping platform/ 4.5" memory foam mattress
    I ordered mine to so-cal and had some fellow members help me install it. I did a lot of research on this site prior. I had little know how, but through all of my research I figured out what to do...sort of. Luckily there were a few guys out here that were very knowledgable. I'm moving to Austin in a month or so, and have experience on my 1st gen- but looks like you have a second gen. Not all that different, but I could give a hand if I'm there when you need it.

A shop is going to charge you ~$800 for install, on top of the price you pay for your suspension. It's not a bad idea to rally some local troops and make a day of it with food and beers.

Once it's installed, I'd recommend having it aligned- and while you're at it you could have them take a second look at your shocks and make sure everything is torqued and set correctly.

I installed OME as well, and HIGHLY recommend their products.

6. Jan 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    Mossy

Mossy Mechanic for Honda

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    san antonio, TX
    ProComp lift Borla exhaust Borla air filter Nfab bars
    I'm in San Antonio. I can do a lot except weld. I'm a mechanic for a local dealer Pm me with what your wanting done

To Top