1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who invented the INFAMOUS Toyota Devil!?!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SuthrnTaco07, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    What he said, so much so that two guys that work at the dealer jumped on the last round that were made...

2. Jul 21, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    I invented sliced bread

But I did not invent the devil horns

3. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None
    Damn.. I'm getting no where!! LOL!! Should have known.. As soon as Lurry speaks up welcome new BS thread! JK! Well basically.. I just need the design for something so on that note i say i'm good to go since there really is no ownership and the true owner of the Toyota symbol already doesn't like what the devil horn emblem looks like! So hopefully we will decide on a design shortly. I will pitch the ideas in the next week or so!

4. Jul 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I know Andres was threatened with lawsuits from Toyota Corporate at one point, and had to reach an agreement to continue producing them

Unfortunately the Toyota symbol is NOT public property and you open yourself up to possibly being taken to civil court by Toyota

5. Jul 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None
    That was only because he was changing the initial emblem on the vehicle though and they didn't want to be associated with that.. Toyota was getting on to him because it was replacing the ACTUAL TOYOTA EMBLEM with his modified "satanic" (as some like to say) view of Toyota. This will not be going on the vehicle. Therefore you can relate my product to the stickers that were produced of it.

6. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    Andres

Andres Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road
    I didn't invent Devil Horns. A friend at work told me it would be something cool to make and showed me a picture. Shortly after I had foot surgery and I was in bed for about a month and a half. With all the time in the world available I came up with the 3D design and when I was able to walk again I didn't waste any time on making the first emblem.

I wasn't necessarily threatened with a lawsuit, actually I didn't hear word from them at first. I did put a few for sale on ebay and about a month later they manage to have Ebay freeze my account and put my paypal account on hold, still no word from them. After contacting ebay about the issue, they provided me with the person's email address and I was able to clarify the situation. A few months later I insisted on rights to fabricate more emblems under a limited time/limited quantity. It took me a few emails to convince them. Roughly four years later here I am in good stand with Toyota's legal department = ]

Wether people like it or not, everyone has their own opinions just like everything else.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top