1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who makes seat covers for the seat bottom only?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NiceGuyEddie, May 27, 2024.

1. May 27, 2024 at 1:30 PM
    NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chino, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    none yet
    Team Tacoma:

I have the usual wear & tear on the left side of the driver's seat from getting in & out thousands of times (the verb, not the hamburger - see capitalization :))

I want a cover that goes over the entire seat bottom and sides, not just the top, and I don't want a full seat cover as the rest of the seat looks perfect. I'm open to cloth, vinyl, lycra, as lot as it looks good.

One says "universal" - but will it really fit well?

How well does the OEM style match?

https://www.amazon.com/BWTJF-Univer...8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/GXARTS-Passe...9&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY

2. May 27, 2024 at 2:01 PM
    23MGM

23MGM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road
    At that price and free shipping and returns, the GXARTS one looks worth taking a risk free chance on. Only 7 left in stock - order soon.

3. May 27, 2024 at 2:53 PM
    NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chino, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    none yet
    ^^^
    You could be onto something. The passenger seat is PERFECT - and I mean 100% new-looking since it's hardly used. The driver's seat is a LITTLE soiled and discolored. Worst case, it will definitely look better than it does now. I do however wonder if it's an obvious mismatch.

Overall, the interior of my 2010 is nearly showroom-perfect and I want to be careful in my choice.

23MGM likes this.
  4. May 27, 2024 at 2:58 PM
    23MGM

23MGM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road
    It won't be perfect, it'll probably be even pretty obvious, that's where the price tag and not having seat springs later rip your pants becomes a factor. Give it a shot or try and get lucky at a junk yard or CL/FB, but the price won't be close.

5. May 27, 2024 at 3:01 PM
    2015WhiteOR

2015WhiteOR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gainesville TX
    I use cheapo seat covers that I find at places like Ross or TJ Max. They are the stretchy nylon/poly kind, and I use them also to prevent further abrasion of the seat bottoms. I like this style because I can remove them and throw them in the washing machine a few times a year.

I can tell you that once you have seat covers installed, nobody but you is going to notice.

6. May 27, 2024 at 6:16 PM

545 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2015 Access Cab
    Try wet okole, they will sell you just the bottom as a replacement, or even repair a section of their seat from being worn through. I don’t know if they will start by only selling you the bottom but it’s worth a shot and they fit well

To Top