1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who needs to be armed at IHOP?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Rmodel65, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Oct 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    Am I being trolled?

My opinions are based on, among other things, the THREE links I posted in Post #11 of this thread...among other pieces of statistical study, examination and analysis.

Now who's leaning on opinion? Here's another brain-buster. When good people are good, they don't need guns. When people are good, there isn't crime. See the connection?

But also backed by analysis and impartial statistical evidence. Left-Wing, Right-Wing, big fucking deal. The proof is in the numbers. Nowhere in my earlier posts did I bring up any talking points. I just called bullshit on the RIGHT WING talking points that gun ownership deters crime. It doesn't. It doesn't promote it, either.

But this isn't because of CCW laws. It usually has to do with population density and the poverty levels. Not to mention that high numbers of CCW permits is also an indicator of law-abiding citizens (since criminals don't get permits). So if you have a city full of law-abiding citizens, then you really don't have much crime, do you?

I have no idea where this is coming from at all. For a person who's opening argument was that I was basing my own on opinion, you seem to take a pretty hypocritical stance here. Not to mention way off the point of the argument. For what it's worth, I'm a registered firearms owner and a CCW permit holder, and I take plenty of responsibility for my own and others lives. But you know what they say when you assume. It makes an ass out of you and me -- well in this case just you.

But that doesn't change the fact that the More Guns = Less Crime argument has been proven to be statistically false. (Again, see links in Post #11)

2. Oct 4, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    Kmacafee

Kmacafee Well-Known Member

Member:
    The assumption that a majority of gun owners will be able to deal with a tactical situation effectively is mostly myth. Most of the OCarriers I have seen recently (in person) were either morbidly obese or elderly or both. Case in point -- in Arizona a month or so ago, a family of four walked into a restaurant I was in. Mom and Dad were both morbidly obese -- he was carrying not one but two weapons on his belt and Mom had one in a shoulder holster. Both kids looked to be pre-teens and well on their way to looking like their parents. The adults didnt walk so much as lumber and access to their weapons would have been difficult given their girth. Did I feel safer? No. Could any reasonably fit adult have disarmed them easily? Yes. If confronted, would they have been able to effectively use their weapons safely? Highly unlikely. It's an unscientific sampling but almost all OC carriers I have seen fall into the obese or elderly categories.

The gun control debate has left the station. But, the legal profession eagerly awaits the first case of a citizen either misusing their weapon and killing an innocent bystander and/or their weapon being taken from them and used against innocent civilians. The ensuing lawsuit and almost certain large civil judgement will hopefully change the mind of legislators to enact strict licensing and initial and ongoing education requirements to CC or OC , and convince many of the wahoos I see carrying out there that it isnt worth the risk.

I travel constantly around the country and I just do not see where the threat exists that you have to carry a weapon. If you dont have the common sense to avoid trouble spots, a gun isnt really going to fix that. We cannot legislate intelligence.

3. Oct 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    SilverBullet07

SilverBullet07 Silver Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Pleasanton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 07 PreRunner Sport
    Tint, Grillcraft Grill, Leveling Kit, Retrofit Headlights.
    Guns and Alcohol?

4. Oct 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 [OP] Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

way more comfy to carry openly when youre heavy...im a big guy always have been but im also always in the gym so i might be big but im like an ox at the same time....

Products Discussed in

To Top